Casual Technical Professional
Requisition ID: R10053537
- Category: Administrative Services
- Location: San Diego, CA, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a trusted provider of mission-enabling solutions for global security. Our Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
We are looking for you to join our team as a Embedded Software Engineer/Principal Embedded Software Engineer based out of Location. As a Job Title at Northrop Grumman you will have a challenging and rewarding opportunity to be a part of our Enterprise-wide digital transformation. Through the use of Model-based Engineering, DevSecOps and Agile practices we continue to evolve how we deliver critical national defense products and capabilities for the warfighter. Our success is grounded in our ability to embrace change, move quickly and continuously drive innovation. The successful candidate will be collaborative, open, transparent, and team-oriented with a focus on team empowerment & shared responsibility, flexibility, continuous learning, and a culture of automation.
You will have the opportunity to design, develop, document, test, and debug embedded software written in C/C++ ensure that the developed software is effective and takes into consideration performance and security implications, and work in an Agile environment.
This position will require onsite work however for this role we are able to offer flexible work arrangements and some remote work will be possible.
This requisition may be filled at either a Software Engineer level or a Principal Software Engineer level.
Basic Qualifications Embedded Software Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree with 8 years of related experience; or a Master’s degree; an additional 10 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience with C, C++
- Experience with real-time embedded hardware systems
- Solid understanding of software development processes for real-time embedded applications
- Active or Interim Secret Clearance required
- Familiar with tools such as Rhapsody, GreenHills MULTI Integrated Development Environment, DOORS and ClearCase/ClearQuest
- Experience with embedded Linux
- Experience with GreenHills Integrity
- Experience with Avionics Operating Systems
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia