Mgr Programs 3
Requisition ID: R10029462
- Category: Program Management
- Location: San Diego, CA, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Interim Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman’s Mission Systems sector is looking for a Manager, Programs Level 3 to support the JAD-G Operation unit for the BACN program. This is a hybrid role that requires on site presence required in closed areas.
The primary objective will be the delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving all technical requirements and creating customer intimacy to support value creation strategies and actions. The individual will lead a cross-functional organization aligned to common program performance goals.
Program Managers are responsible for leading all phases of the program life cycle from inception (proposal development) through startup, execution, and completion (contract closeout). Primary responsibilities are the management of cost, schedule, and technical performance of company programs or subsystems and include, but are not limited to:
- Cultivating customer relationships and intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community
- Developing new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning, and development of proposals and business plans
- Establishing a program organization that effectively addresses customer requirements and incorporates the necessary internal and external sub-organizations
- Leading and directing cross-functional Integrated Program Teams (IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical performance objectives
- Measuring and reporting program performance
- Delivering presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
- Participating in the negotiation of contracts, contract changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones, and key terms and conditions.
- Establishing design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
- Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
- Identification, distribution, tracking, and completion of program requirements
- Establishment and management of the program and subordinate baselines
- Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools
- Identifying, allocating and managing program resources, including workforce planning
- Managing Government/customer supplied property or information (GFE, CFE, etc.)
- Managing suppliers to meet program objectives.
- Adherence to all internal processes, policies, and applicable industry standards
- Ensuring program team understands and adheres to contract scope, and manages change through control board activities
- Development and adherence to master plans and schedules
- Conducting thorough risk & opportunity management practices including identification, mitigation and realization
- Bachelor’s Degree and 9 years, or Master’s and 7 years’ experience supporting U.S. Government contracts and customers and/or project management in other industries
- 4 years of additional experience in lieu of education
- Experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as either project lead, integrated program team or cost account manager
- Demonstrated success leading teams/and or organizations to achieve a common goal
- Secret security clearance level required
- Earned Value Management experience
- Field Engineering management or experience
- Program execution on a CPFF contract
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia