iReturn (Return to Work) Sr. Principal Chief Engineer
Requisition ID: R10046317
- Category: Administrative Services
- Location: Sykesville, MD, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
The qualified applicant will join a cohort of employees re-entering the workforce after a career break of at least two years. This cohort will receive special on-boarding designed to provide an effective re-entry into the workforce. iReturn provides experienced professionals with a 12-week "returnship" to prepare for a full-time career in one of several fields at Northrop Grumman through training, professional development and networking opportunities. Qualified applicants will join a cohort of employees returning to the workforce after a 2+ career break for this "returnship" program that focuses on giving you a seamless transition back into the workforce. Upon completion of the program, candidates will be eligible for full-time roles with the company.
The iReturn Sr. Principal Chief Engineer is the definitive technical authority for all aspects of engineering on all program elements (hardware/software/support/test) and leads a multi disciplined engineering team managing the technical performance of the program meeting cost and schedule requirements including subcontracted elements. Coordinates requirements development, hardware/software design, verification, and validation activities. Ensures that the program is adhering to sound engineering processes in the development, production, test and sustainment of products for our customers and is compliance with company policies, procedures, and quality standards. Maintains cognizance over technical activities within program IPTs and ensures horizontal integration of the best engineering practices across the company. Continually coordinates with the systems engineering and program integration team (PIT) leader to ensure the execution of program statement of work and baselines and serves as the technical point of contact with the customer.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
- Lead and direct cross-functional engineering teams during proposal, design, manufacturing, and delivery phases of products in development and production phases
- Support proposal development and new program acquisition efforts
- Interpret statements of work assigned by program leadership
- Develop and execute to meet project budgets and schedules, including Earned Value Management System (EVMS), critical path management, Estimates-at-Completion (EACs), and workload forecasts
- Interface with functional departments to secure team staffing
- Work with suppliers and be able to articulate project requirements
- Brief internal and external customer leadership on progress of work assigned
The selected candidate will perform in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and collaborative/team settings. The ideal candidate is expected to be self-motivated, highly organized, and detail oriented and possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- A career break of at least two years
- If required, Bachelors' degree and minimum 5 years of experience or Masters with minimum 3 years of experience (or whatever number of years of experience required for the appropriate level the target will be at the end of the returnship).
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia