iReturn (Return to Work) – Electronics Assembler B – 2ND SHIFT
Requisition ID: R10046441
- Category: Administrative Services
- Location: Sykesville, MD, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 2nd Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 1
The qualified applicant will join a cohort of employees re-entering the workforce after a career break of at least two years. This cohort will receive special on-boarding designed to provide an effective re-entry into the workforce. iReturn provides experienced professionals with a 12-week "returnship" to prepare for a full-time career in one of several fields at Northrop Grumman through training, professional development and networking opportunities. Qualified applicants will join a cohort of employees returning to the workforce after a 2+ career break for this "returnship" program that focuses on giving you a seamless transition back into the workforce. Upon completion of the program, candidates will be eligible for full-time roles with the company.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking an iReturn Electronics Assembler Bs to join its team of qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be located in Sykesville, Maryland.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence... The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Power/Control Systems business unit within the Naval & Marine Systems Division.
The Assembler uses electronic components, mechanical parts, drawings and engineering documentation, tools and manufacturing processes to build completed units such as circuit card assemblies, cable assemblies and wire harnesses, modules and cabinet assemblies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Obtain all necessary information to perform job assignment and report any discrepancies to appropriate personnel
- Plan, lay out, assemble, wire and solder complete electrical/electronic and mechanical equipment and apparatus such as PC boards, controls and control panels, assemblies, converters, inverters and small output stations
- Read and interpret schematics and wiring diagrams to perform point-to-point assembly, where assemblies and subassemblies require wiring and soldering of large masses of wires in confined spaces
- Following appropriate wiring diagram, perform wiring using harness boards, tie-in cables and harnesses; install mechanical parts, components and fasteners as specified
- Perform electrical/electronic and mechanical assembly tasks working as a member of an assembly team as assigned
- Lay out and construct harness boards to assemble and form wiring and cables for a wide variety of electrical/electronic and mechanical assemblies and subassemblies
- Mix and apply bonding components and encapsulates
- Perform product finishing functions as required; obtain and maintain proper certifications, such as Conformal Coating Printed Wiring Assembly (PWA), Paints/Epoxies, etc.
- Use and operate a broad range of hand tools, assembly equipment and safety equipment to perform tasks
- Understand the function of and use a broad range of electrical/electronic and mechanical parts and components such as brackets, solder, wire, resistors, diodes, capacitors, relays, transformers, coils, switches, PC boards, epoxies, etc.
- Work closely with other personnel and attend company sponsored training courses to obtain knowledge and skills for career development
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition
- A career break of at least two years
- IF required, Bachelors' degree and minimum 5 years of experience or Masters with minimum 3 years of experience (or whatever number of years of experience required for the appropriate level the target will be at the end of the returnship).
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia