iReturn (Return to Work) Production Controller
Requisition ID: R10046549
- Category: Administrative Services
- Location: Sykesville, MD, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
The qualified applicant will join a cohort of employees re-entering the workforce after a career break of at least two years. This cohort will receive special on-boarding designed to provide an effective re-entry into the workforce. iReturn provides experienced professionals with a 12-week "returnship" to prepare for a full-time career in one of several fields at Northrop Grumman through training, professional development and networking opportunities. Qualified applicants will join a cohort of employees returning to the workforce after a 2+ career break for this "returnship" program that focuses on giving you a seamless transition back into the workforce. Upon completion of the program, candidates will be eligible for full-time roles with the company.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an iReturn Production Controller in Sykesville, Maryland.
This position will be responsible for the following:
• Timely movement of hardware between work cells and induction of field hardware by capturing condition status and updating the system of record.
• Utilize SAP and other internal tracking systems to manage all production and repair orders that support Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
• Collaborate with multiple organizations to ensure daily priorities support weekly/monthly sales plan. Including Supervisors, Engineering, Operations, Program management, Technicians, Operators, Mission Assurance, and
Stockroom personnel ensuring that the daily priorities support weekly/monthly sales plan.
• Expedite flow of materials, parts, and assemblies within or between departments and or work cells.
• Assists in determining shortages, and initiate action to correct these deficiencies.
• Uses knowledge of production, procurement, and engineering departments to alert leadership regarding potential problems and appropriate remedial action.
- A career break of at least two years
- If required, Bachelors' degree and minimum 5 years of experience or Masters with minimum 3 years of experience (or whatever number of years of experience required for the appropriate level the target will be at the end of the returnship).
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia