Sr. Principal Aerosciences Engineer- Satellite/Space Systems
Requisition ID: R10045435
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Unknown City, NJ, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes- May Consider Full Time Teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 1
The Tactical Space Systems division of Northrop Grumman seeks qualified candidates for the Aerosciences team.
- Problem abstraction, decomposition and analysis of continuum, rarefied and/or plasma flows in complex configurations by means of numerical techniques such as CFD, DSMC, PIC, etc.
- Grid generation of internal/external geometries using structured multi-block, unstructured, hybrid and overset meshes for viscous, rarefied and plasma simulations. Problem set up, numerical execution and post-processing of solutions.
- Use of High Performance Computing (HPC) Linux clusters for execution of numerical simulations.
- Physical modeling and/or model implementation of plasma thrusters, chemical thrusters, flow systems, test set-ups etc.
- Validation of numerical models by means of empirical data. Includes interpretation of data obtained experimentally and/or design of physical test set-ups.
- Technical support to other engineering subsystems like Guidance, Navigation and Control (GN&C), Propulsion, Thermal, etc.
- Generation of Statements of Work (SOW) and management of subcontract work to outside vendors.
- Preparation and presentation of technical reports for internal and external customers.
- Participation in program meetings and design reviews (PDR, CDR, etc.).
- MS degree in Aerospace Engineering, Physics or closely related technical discipline
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding time-management and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong background in numerical M&S of fluid and/or plasma dynamics.
- Working experience with Linux OS and HPC platforms.
- Programming experience with C language and Python scripting.
- PhD degree in Aerospace Engineering, Physics or closely related technical discipline
- Working experience with CFD, DSMC and/or PIC government or commercial software.
- Working experience with pre- and post-processing software like Pointwise, GridPro, Tecplot and ParaView.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia