Principal Software Engineer – Technical Lead/SR Principal Software Engineer – Technical Lead
Requisition ID: R10047675
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Woodland Hills, CA, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) Operations organization is seeking an experienced, hands-on Principal/SR Principal Software Engineer to lead our Test Equipment Software Tools group at the Woodland Hills, CA campus.
What You’ll get to Do:
The selected individual will lead our Test Equipment Design organization in the development of Software tool capabilities in support of both Manufacturing and Engineering needs. Candidates must demonstrate a proven track record of solving complex problems through systematic and objective evaluation of information resulting in effective communication and collaboration with a diverse set of cross-site software engineers. Leadership characteristics are essential as this role drives strategies to develop a disciplined software team. The role encompasses a software team responsible for maintaining existing software products and continued drive to push innovation in the development of common software capabilities.
This position requires a hands-on lead responsible for the requirements, design, development, and integration of software. This position requires an engineer with experience developing common software tools.
Our Woodland Hills Campus has decades of rich history in Navigation and Mission Computer products. Our notable contributions include, but are not limited to: James Webb Telescope, Mars Rover, H-1/Blackhawk/E2D Helicopter, Navigation capabilities to Satellites and Commercial Navigation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Interface with customers to derive requirements
- Development of common software capabilities (Full Software Cycle with emphasis on: Requirements, Architecture and Design)
- Software process improvements (Software Configuration, Interface Design, Customer Experience)
- Translate engineering aspects to business needs (Schedule and Cost)
- Integration Test Equipment with Hardware Products
This is a dual level req and can be filled as a Principal Software Engineer - Technical Lead or SR Principal Software Engineer - Technical Lead.
*This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.*
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) related discipline with 5 years of relevant experiences; Master's Degree with 3 years of relevant experience; 0 Years with PhD.
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) related discipline with 9 years of relevant experience; Master's Degree with 7 years of relevant experience; 4 Years with PhD.
- Experience with Agile as a Scrum Master or Product Owner.
- Experience with software projects using Microsoft Visual Studio and development in C and Object Oriented C++/C#.
- The candidate will have excellent verbal and written communications as well as good technical and procedural documentation skills.
- U.S. citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret clearance.
- Experience with Web Development: HTML, CSS, JQuery, JSS, WebSockets.
- Experience in development of software for hardware control and experience with troubleshooting equipment (Oscilloscopes, DMMs).
- Experience with the Matlab and Simulink programming/modeling language.
- Experience with development of embedded applications and operating systems including Windows, VxWorks, Green Hills, Linux and Unix.
- Knowledge of various I/O interfaces and serial communications protocols, including Mil-Std 1553, ARINC 429, IEEE 488, RS-422, Ethernet, A/D, D/A and Discrete I/O.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia