Director 1- Production Planning and Capture
Requisition ID: R10112578
- Category: Business Development
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Not Applicable (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Director 1- Production Planning and Capture to join our diverse team of professionals based out of our Roy, UT location working on the Sentinel program.
Northrop Grumman was awarded a contract for the engineering and manufacturing development (EMD) phase of the Sentinel program in September 2020. A program of mega-project scale, competitive flexibility and digital transformation are key to delivering a weapon system that will continue to evolve to outpace the threat and achieve and be affordably maintained and sustained over the expected 75+ year life. The Sentinel program modernizes nearly every facet of the land leg of the nuclear triad, including:
- Developing a new intercontinental ballistic missile, including guidance, three stages of propulsion, payload reentry system and building 600+ missiles (400 deployed + spares for testing)
- Completely refurbishing 450 buried launch facilities (silos) spread across ~39,000 square miles in five different states
- Developing, building, and populating launch centers, similar to heritage missile alert facilities at the three missile wings
- Fielding new communications infrastructure and building/consolidating hundreds of support facilities, including for security, training, maintenance, and testing
This position will report to the Sentinel Strategy and Planning Director and will lead the planning and capture of Production and Deployment activities to include the following responsibilities:
- Proposal Strategy and Responses: Develop capture strategy and tactics including business solution to produce capture products such as competitive assessments, teaming strategies, and prices-to-win analysis results applied to improve competitive posture. Lead and manage large, multi-faceted responses to RFIs, ROMs, and Proposal requests related to the transition and start of production.
- Lead and Mentor Proposal Team: Lead overall capture and proposal execution and collaborate with program leadership to ensure proposal is staffed to meet requirements. Work with core team to develop win themes, messages, discriminators, and key features of offering and ensure they are reflected in proposal deliverables. Lead proposal development including managing process, writing proposal responses and developing pricing to deliver compelling and compliant proposals.
- Proposal Execution: Lead and execute the proposal in coordination with the proposal manager and core team to include proposal schedule, proposal budget, staffing, stand-ups, status meetings and proposal reviews. Coordinate and collaborate with business management, strategy, business and finance, contracts and global supply chain, technology and engineering offices and functions. Oversee technical, cost (BOE) and business approach and offerings along with proposal execution risk. Develop and maintain strong relationships with teaming partners.
- Proposal Submittal: Review RFI, ROM and Proposal content for compliance with solicitation instructions, clarity, accuracy, and consistency across volumes. Finalize RFI, ROM and Proposal documents for delivery. Develop and implement a plan for post-submittal customer questions and response phases.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- Bachelors of Science in STEM discipline and 10 years of experience, Master’s degree and 8 years of experience, or 6 years of experience with a PhD
- Experience supporting U.S. Government contracts and customers and/or project management in other highly regulated industries
- Minimum five (5) years of program leadership, strategy and/or capture role
- Experience in capturing and leading a proposal of $200M in value or greater
- Experience leading cross functional teams
- Direct experience creating and maintaining trusted relationships with internal and external customers
- Experience Securing RFPs, preparing proposals, negotiating and definitizing contracts
- Knowledge and understanding of the U.S. Government’s competitive acquisition process including federal procurement regulations (FAR/DFAR).
- Proven and effective executive-level briefing, writing and organizational skills.
- Must have an active and current DoD Secret clearance and be SAP clearable
- US Citizenship is a prerequisite
- Ability to travel domestically, up to 25% of the time
- Experience with capturing and developing responses for production phase proposals
- Experience related to ICBM technologies and products
- DoD Top Secret clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.