Requisition ID: R10098999
- Category: Business Development
- Location: San Diego, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: Any (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission. Northrop Grumman Space Components Business Unit designs, manufactures, and operates small and medium-class spacecraft for communications, imaging, scientific, exploration and national security space applications. The Group is leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes, provides technical engineering services to government agencies and laboratories, and is developing exciting new satellite servicing and advanced space flight technologies
Northrop Grumman Space Components is seeking a Proposal Manager 2 to join our team. The selected candidate will work with teams creating compliant, compelling business proposals that result in winning new business with U.S. and international customers. This position could be located in San Diego, CA.
- Develops and executes proposal plans, estimates resources (people, schedule, and budget), analyzes RFPs, creates outlines and compliance matrices
- Engages with Capture Manager to craft proposal strategy and develop compelling messaging that addresses the strengths of the Northrop Grumman offering
- Creates compliant, compelling proposals that clearly and succinctly address the RFP requirements
- Ensures on-time delivery of proposals and document lessons learned to improve processes.
- Performs volume lead and writing assignments in support of other proposal managers
- Must have one of the following: Bachelor’s degree in a technical, management, or business discipline with a minimum of 10 years of relevant proposal experience or Master’s degree in a technical, management, or business discipline with a minimum of 8 years of relevant proposal experience
- A minimum of 5 years of specific experience in proposal management
- Must have experience leading proposals with values greater than $20 million
- Experience leading proposal volumes and/or performing as a writer on proposals
- Must be willing to travel as needed
- Strong attention to detail required as this position requires processing large amounts of data across dozens of programs simultaneously
- Strong teamwork and communication skills to ensure changes to plans are fully understood
- Ability to organize, balance and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously in a highly dynamic aerospace manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills including MS Office required (particularly Excel)
- US Citizenship required
- Experience with agile processes and tools
- Experience with international programs, proposals, and contracts
- Excellent skills in critical thinking, writing, editing, visual element planning, and BOE development
- Active clearance
- Understanding of Northrop Grumman Space Sector strategies, customers, and priorities.
- Experience with NG tools including Salesforce, SharePoint, Tableau, Workday, etc.
- Experience with organizational effectiveness and operations implementing best practices.
- Advanced Data Analytics training and experience.
Northrop Grumman offers a competitive and robust benefits program. As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedules: For example, the ability to work a 9/80 work schedule, which allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work
For more details, please view Northrop Grumman Benefits.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.