Northrop Grumman (DoD Skillbridge) Staff Contract Administrator, Lake Charles, LA
Requisition ID: R10103459
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
As one of the largest global security companies in the world, Northrop Grumman is proud to help our nation’s military personnel make the transition to civilian careers. Approximately 1/4th of Northrop Grumman’s 90,000 employees self-identifies as veterans, and more than 1,600 are reservists. The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program (NG-MIP) is an approved SkillBridge Program under Dept. of Defense Instruction 1322.29. The NG-MIP program is an opportunity for transitioning service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through an individual internship during their last 6 months of service, for up to 180 days. The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program is open to all ranks and experience levels. SkillBridge participants are not eligible for compensation from Northrop Grumman, as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as Active-duty service members.
Responsibilities for this internship position are:
Northrop Grumman Corporation (NGC) has developed the Northrop Grumman – Military Internship Program (DoD SkillBridge) utilizing the DoDI guidance for Skillbridge. During this program the service member will be on-site at his or her host company performing an individual internship in an entry to mid-level career type role. The service member will be on the job training supporting a work schedule equivalent to 40hrs per week. Outlined below are the Goals, Objectives, and Outcomes for the program.
Goals – Provide transitioning service members fellowship-style job skills training during the last portion(s) of their military commitment. This program is specifically designed to offer internships that result in the potential to transition to a full-time opportunity as the conclusion of the training. Interns will serve as a pipeline for high-speed, motivated military candidates into NGC.
Objectives - Service Members who complete the Intern program will be highly trained, capable, future employees that align to the specific needs of the organization and are prepared to meet the NG mission “Defining Possible” on Day 1. This program provides a comprehensive internship experience including professional development, networking with leadership, and training specifically focused on NG leadership principles, company history, customer/stakeholder engagement, product and service overview, and core job responsibilities.
Outcome – Offer transitioning service member a rewarding opportunity to join the Northrop Grumman team.
DoD SkillBridge Eligibility:
- Has served at least 180 days on active duty
- Is within 12 months of separation or retirement
- Will receive an honorable discharge
- Has taken any service TAPS/TGPS
- Has attended or participated in an ethics brief within the last 12 months
- Received Unit Commander (first O-4/Field Grade commander in chain of command) written authorization and approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge Program prior to start of internship
Put your skills to the test by pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. From global defense to sustainment and modernization to mission readiness, your experience and ability will make it a reality. Our programs are built on equal parts of curiosity and collaboration. Our combined effort means our customers can connect and defend millions of people around the world. With Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the opportunity to be an essential part of projects that will define your career, now and in the future.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems (NGDS) is seeking a Staff Contract Administrator to join its team of qualified and diverse individuals. The Staff Contract Administrator will be the on-site lead for NGDS’ Aircraft Manufacturing and Fabrication Center's (AMFC) E-6B contract portfolio. Northrop Grumman has secured multiple E-6B maintenance and modification contracts and is focused on securing additional work in this area. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all contractual documentation and communication between NG and a very collaborative customer. Must be located or willing to relocate to be onsite at AMFC in Lake Charles, LA. Relocation assistance, if needed, will be provided to the successful candidate.
The Staff Contract Administrator will produce high quality Contract Management related products supporting the NGDS Sector and AMFC OU. This position requires a strong background in DoD contracting, excellent communication skills, and strong interpersonal and organizational skills. The ideal candidate will be a team player but also a strong independent contributor, will be proactive, will present leadership skills, will possess good analytical skills, will demonstrate problem-solving skills, and will be detail oriented.
The Staff Contract Administrator will be required to deal effectively with competing priorities and deadlines and handle multiple tasks. The Staff Contract Administrator must possess the ability to work well with others in high-stress high-volume situations, effectively interface with internal functional and program organizations, effectively deal with external customers, and meet the goals/objectives of the ATAS business unit.
Basic Qualifications for Staff Principal Contract Administrator:
- This position emphasizes skills and experience. Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) with a minimum of 19 years of applied experience.
- Will also consider:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 15 years applied experience in a related field
- Master’s Degree with a minimum of 13 year applied experience in a related field
- Strong DoD technical contracts background to include proposal development and negotiation skills
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience building and developing high-performing teams that will achieve success through a strong culture of early engagement, internal collaboration and critical thinking
- Ability to lead meetings with government regulatory organizations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance
- Working knowledge of FAR and DFARS as well as experience with different contract types
- Experience leading teams, including cross-functional/cross-organization teams.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; ability to make recommendations and provide guidance to effectively bring projects to completion.
- Meets DoD SkillBridge Qualifications as per DODI 1322.29
- Experience with Contractor Logistics Services (CLS) contracts
- Experience with Aircraft Programmed Depot Maintenance (PDM) or Modification contracts
- NCMA Certification (CPCM, CFCM and/or CCCM)
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.