(DoD SkillBridge) Manager Contract Administration 1 (Top Secret Required to Start)
Requisition ID: R10114078
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Linthicum, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Contracts Manager 1 to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. In this role, the selected candidate will support the Payload & Ground Systems Division, specifically the Passive Sensors (PSP) Operating Unit (OU), as the OU Contracts Manager. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing a team located in Linthicum, MD.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the PSP OU contracts’ portfolio delivering strong customer satisfaction, successful financial performance and risk mitigation. Additionally, the successful candidate will be responsible for the direct supervision and management of contract administration/staff personnel, contracts within the OU’s portfolio, and the OU’s captures.
The selected candidate will also be required to provide task-oriented direction utilizing management guidelines, general policies and maintain a strong level of engagement, while dynamically leading, inspiring, motivating and developing a team of contract professionals.
The Contract Manager’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Review and approve contractual documents for protection of the company's contractual/risk posture, satisfaction of contractual requirements and adherence to company policies, therefore, a keen attention to detail is essential.
- Planning and executing successful contract negotiations of a complex nature and achieving targeted profit rates as well as favorable terms and conditions to assist in meeting profit and cash goals.
- Regular and proactive interface and effective collaboration with program, technical and operations organizations in order to provide guidance and direction based upon the requirements of the tender and resulting contracts.
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner, offer guidance and work cooperatively with a multitude of organizations ranging from technical, program, finance, supply chain, export and security.
- Be a role model for diversity and inclusion through seeking out and including diverse opinions and perspectives while displaying the ability to solve complex problems by actively seeking information and new ideas from a variety of sources.
- Demonstrated commitment and energy to meet customer needs and the ability to provide concise and effective communication through presentation, written documentation or email format with different levels of Management is key.
- Administer, extend, negotiate and terminate standard and nonstandard contracts.
- Conduct proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Prepare bids; process specifications, progress, and other reports; advise management of contractual rights and obligations; compile and analyze data; and maintain historical information.
- Build strong customer intimacy and employee engagement to assist with growing this important business area.
As one of the largest global security companies in the world, Northrop Grumman is proud to help our nation’s military personnel make the transition to civilian careers. Approximately 1/4th of Northrop Grumman’s 90,000 employees self-identify as veterans, and more than 1,600 are reservists.
The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program (NG-MIP) is an approved SkillBridge Program under Dept. of Defense Instruction 1322.29. The NG-MIP program is an opportunity for transitioning service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through an individual internship during their last 6 months of service, for up to 180 days. The Northrop Grumman Military internship Program is open to all ranks and experience levels. SkillBridge participants are not eligible for compensation from Northrop Grumman, as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as active-duty service members.
Responsibilities for this internship position are:
Northrop Grumman Corporation (NGC) has developed the Northrop Grumman – Military Internship Program (DoD SkillBridge) utilizing the DoD guidance for Skillbridge. During this program the service member will be on-site at his or her host company performing an individual internship in an entry to mid-level career type role. The service member will be on the job training supporting a work schedule equivalent to 40hrs per week. Outlined below are the Goals,
Objectives, and Outcomes for the program.
Goals – Provide transitioning service members fellowship-style job skills training during the last portion(s) of their military commitment. This program is specifically designed to offer internships that result in the potential to transition to a full-time opportunity as the conclusion of the training. Interns will serve as a pipeline for high-speed, motivated military candidates into NGC.
Objectives - Service Members who complete the Intern program will be highly trained, capable, future employees that align to the specific needs of the organization and are prepared to meet the NG mission “Defining Possible” on Day 1. This program provides a comprehensive internship experience including professional development, networking with leadership, and training specifically focused on NG leadership principles, company history, customer/stakeholder engagement, product and service overview, and core job responsibilities.
Outcome – Offer transitioning service member a rewarding opportunity to join the Northrop Grumman team.
DoD SkillBridge Eligibility:
- Has served at least 180 days on active duty
- Is within 12 months of separation or retirement
- Will receive an honorable discharge
- Has taken any service TAPS/TGPS
- Has attended or participated in an ethics brief within the last 12 months
- Received Unit Commander (first O-4/Field Grade commander in chain of command) written authorization and approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge Program prior to start of internship.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution with 5 years of Contracts Administration, Organizational Management, or related experience.
- Experience negotiating and administering various contract types of varying sizes and types of agreements with the DoD.
- Thorough understanding of the requirements of applicable government regulations, including the FAR and DFARS.
- Advanced contracts administration and negotiation skills.
- Ability to function independently and effectively with competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to use them in informing, presenting, and negotiating to all levels of management.
- Ability to develop team members and delegate tasks, as appropriate.
- Current, active US government security clearance at the Top Secret level with ability to obtain SCI.
- DoD SKillBridge Command Approval (O-4 and above
- Master’s degree or equivalent professional certification.
- Demonstrated leadership experience or supervisor experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and influence others.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills that support accomplishment of objectives to resolve complex problems and minimize risk to the company.
- Foster high levels of collaboration with stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Dynamic self-starter with strong attention to detail.
- Current, active Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.