Manager Digital Engineering 2
Requisition ID: R10098417
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Linthicum, Maryland, United States of America | Annapolis Junction, Maryland, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SCI
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
The Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) Advanced Processing Solutions (APS) Business pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefining the leading edge of exotic new technologies in computation, system security, and AI. One of our most challenging areas of research is Transformational Computing (TC) which combines the unique properties of superconductivity and quantum mechanics to develop radical new energy-efficient computing systems. You will work in a fast-paced team environment alongside a broad array of scientists and engineers to make these next generation processing solutions a reality.
Advanced Processing Solutions Engineering is seeking Digital Design Managers to join our growing organization. This role combines people leadership with individual direct technical contribution. You will lead a team of digital engineering staff in support of the Transformational Computing business area while working in a technical role.
Key roles and responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of 8-12 technical staff in management role.
- Execute in a direct contributor role as a system, electrical, or digital design engineer.
- Work in cooperation with program management to track execution and provide technical leadership to the team/pod.
- Work in collaboration with training leads to review and develop technical training material/documents.
- Support administrative management responsibilities including staffing, performance evaluation, career development, and salary planning.
This position requires work onsite in either Linthicum, MD or Annapolis Junction, MD facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM).
- Minimum 7 years of related engineering experience including at least one year as an integrated product team or technical team lead.
- Proven leadership skills as a people and technical leader, and ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance per business requirements.
- Master’s degree in STEM.
- 12 years of related engineering experience.
- Experience with full product life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, test) of ASIC design.
- Working knowledge of the front-end ASIC design flow from RTL to gates (RTL coding, simulation, synthesis, static timing analysis, logic equivalence, DFT insertion).
- Proficiency with one or more digital ASIC design tools: Simulation – Mentor ModelSim, Cadence Excelium, Incisive or Synopsys VCS - Synthesis – Synopsys Design Compiler, Cadence Genus or Cadence RTL Compiler - Static Timing – Synopsys Primetime or Cadence Tempus.
- Demonstrated performance as technical, integrated product team, and/or functional leader.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with CI Polygraph
Northop Grumman provides learning opportunities for personal growth, competitive 401k matching, and values work life balance. Flexible work arrangements include daily flex around core hours, 9/80 schedule or 4/10 schedule.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.