Sentinel (GBSD) – Principal Electrical Engineer – Test Development and Execution – 8905
Requisition ID: R10080808
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Electrical Engineer to join the Flight Systems Team. This position will be filled in Roy, UT and supports the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program.
What You’ll Get To Do:
The individual in this role will be part of our Air Vehicle Equipment (AVE) Integration and Test (I&T) team supporting the planning and execution of vehicle level integration, test and checkout activities. Specific duties will include the following:
- Define test requirements and test objectives, using Systems Engineering principles
- Develop integration and test documentation (test plans, test procedures and test reports)
- Prepare for and execute Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs)
- Execute the integration, test, and assembly of the AVE in preparation for developmental flight testing.
- Integrate hardware from sub-system teams, interface with other elements teams, and the system and segment level teams.
- Design, develop, and implement testing methods and equipment.
- Interface with software developers and systems engineers in support of integration and test activities.
- Participate in technical exchange meetings, interfacing with customers (internal/external).
- Perform data analysis against requirements and interfaces for each software build or hardware component.
- Compile data and define changes required in test equipment, test procedures, or new test requirements.
- Maintain design documentation and follow configuration management requirements.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) discipline and 5 years of experience; 3 years with Master’s Degree; 0 years with PhD
Working knowledge of system integration (HW and SW) and test principles.
Experience with test data collection/instrumentation methods.
Experience in troubleshooting anomalous hardware and software.
Experience with development of test plans, procedures, and reports (functional testing and checkout).
Experience working with the Atlassian Suite of tools (Confluence, Jira)
Must have U.S. Citizenship with a current or active Secret level clearance granted or re-investigated within last 6 years.
Must have the ability to obtain, and maintain access to Special Access Programs (SAP) as a condition of continued employment.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
A current DoD Top Secret clearance with capability for SAP access
Experience working with or designing Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) or Automated Test equipment (development and execution).
Experience in design of test cables, test sets and support equipment.
Experience with Model Based System Engineering with an understanding of DODAF and SysML.
Proficiency in DOORS and Cameo.
Experience with integration and test of large-scale vehicles.
Familiarity with ICBMs.
Excellent teamwork, communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management.
Proficiency in MS Office.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.