Sr. Principal Engineer, Mechanical Systems
Requisition ID: R10113325
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Annapolis, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SCI
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
The Naval & Oceanic Systems business unit headquartered in Annapolis, MD is seeking dependable engineers willing to work in a collaborative environment and that are interested in expanding their horizons.
Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Position tasking includes concept development, problem solving, technical planning, design development and integration & testing of hardware. The applicant will translate customer requirements into systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Experience with underwater/naval systems such as Torpedo's, Towed Vehicles, Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUV), Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs), Acoustic Communications, Sonar Systems, Interfacing with Submarines, etc. is encouraged as duties will also include performing on undersea-domain systems programs.
- BS in Mechanical, Aerospace, Marine or Ocean Engineering, or a related field. 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
- Ability to work on site at Annapolis, MD campus.Proficiency in using common engineering design, production and office tools (including NX, TeamCenter, FEA, MS Office)
- US citizen and possess an active Top Secret clearance to start with the ability and willingness to obtain a TS/SSBI/SCI clearance and pass a polygraph
- Demonstrated experience with the following is highly desirable:
- Underwater/naval systems such as Torpedo's, Towed Vehicles, Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUV), Submarines, etc
- Background in Sonar arrays, sensors, communication arrays, transducers or radar
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work within diverse teams.
- Experience in Design, Manufacture, and Test of underwater systems.
- A current TS/SSBI/SCI clearance with current polygraph
- Master’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Marine or Ocean Engineering, or a related field. Position may be filled at various levels based on education and experience:
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.