Sentinel (GBSD) Sr Staff Systems Engineer -NH&S Lead Nuclear Weapons Effects Analyst- 6107
Requisition ID: R10063968
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Sr Staff Systems Engineer -NH&S Lead Nuclear Weapons Effects Analyst-. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program.
The successful candidate for this position will use their experience and education in radiation effects modeling and testing to design systems that will operate in extremely hostile environments. The candidate will guide and mentor a team of engineers in the science of nuclear weapon effects modeling and parts/equipment testing. Strong knowledge of radiation transport modeling and simulation is required along with strong knowledge of radiation transport testing to include x-ray thermal shock testing. Strong experience in performing total dose (TD), dose rate (DR), neutron displacement damage (NDD) and single event effect (SEE) heavy ion testing is also required. Strong experience in performing radiation effects circuit analyses is desired (TREE, SGEMP, and EMP). Good familiarity with other nuclear environmental effects is desired, and includes high altitude EMP, source region EMP, magneto-hydrodynamic EMP, ground shock and thermal effects.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80A. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics from an accredited university with Minimum 14 years of experience or 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD
- 10+ years experience in modeling and testing with respect to radiation effects
- 10+ years experience in nuclear weapon effects modeling and parts/equipment testing
- Active DoD Secret clearance with investigation in the last 6 years
- Weapon System Experience (Minuteman III or similar military or industry experience)
- MBSE Experience
- Strong familiarity with MIL-STD-1766
- Active Top Secret Clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.