Manager Software Engineering 3 - NG Space Systems
Requisition ID: R10114780
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SCI
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
We offer phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly collaborative workplace. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do. Does this sound like you?
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself! Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are well-known for our inclusive environment, as well as our excellent work/life balance. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a 9/80 schedule, and a great 401K matching program.
The candidate selected for this position will also assume a 20% part-time functional section manager role and will have overall responsibility for staffing, knowledge transfer, training, educational reimbursement, and the Workday performance management lifecycle (goal planning, midpoint reviews, year-end reviews, alignment/calibration, and compensation planning).
The Consolidated Operations and Anomaly Support Team (COAST) is a restricted Operations and Maintenance (O&M) program with several Integrated Project Teams (IPTs). The Software Engineering IPT focuses on the sustainment of several mission operational product lines, as well as the development of new capabilities as coordinated with the Customer.
The Software Engineering IPT is a large team comprising multiple subsystems, each with their specialized software focus. We are looking for a Ground Element Modernization (GEM) SW Execution Lead to join our team as we work to provide innovative solutions to complex issues in support of our Customer’s national security mission. The GEM SW Execution Lead will report directly to the Software Assistant Program Manager (APM), providing strategic planning for the COAST SW IPT in a variety of areas. Some of the areas include long-term SW build planning, coordinating and executing sell-offs of new product lines, and planning the various installations while accounting for resource constraints and program milestones. The Execution Lead will also represent COAST SW as the POC for cross-program coordination and planning.
Basic Qualifications for the GEM SW Execution Lead:
- Active Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain SCI access prior to start date
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering with a minimum of 15 years of experience, 13 years with Masters: 10 years with a PhD; an additional 4 years experience in lieu of degree
- Knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system & associated scripting languages
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: C, C++, or Java programming
- Knowledge of Python; and knowledge of Perl desired
- Experience within the Mission One portfolio
- Experience in the management and integration of software product lines
- Experience with installations of products and usage in a launch capacity
- Working knowledge of Earn Value, with the ability to build milestone schedules for execution purposes.
- Experience working closely with government counterparts, in both a development and site capacity.
- Strong verbal and written skills
Preferred Qualifications for the GEM SW Execution Lead:
- Prior experience in software integration and test
- Formal software development experience in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment
- Knowledge of Configuration Control Management
- An understanding of CVEs, vulnerability management, and cybersecurity policies and practices
- Previous participation on an Agile scrum team or familiarity with the Agile process
- Prior DevSecOps experience
- Familiarity with the Atlassian Tool Suite (Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo)
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.