Sr Principal Engineer Software
Requisition ID: R10077628
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector is looking for you to join our team as a Sr Principal Software Engineer based out of Aurora, CO.
What You’ll get to Do: We are looking for a Software Engineer familiar with Java and/or Python who wants to work on an agile development team using modern development practices. You will be working on mostly new development for a micro-service event driven architecture using Docker Containers, Kubernetes, Helm charts and AWS services. You will also be required to perform maintenance and sustainment engineering for existing baselines which may require programming in C++/C.
Our small agile Scrum team is highly energized and has a significant software effort on a growing program with a large program impact. If this is your type of environment and you love fast-paced software development, please consider joining our team.
This is a great opportunity for a flexible self-starter to work in a dynamic environment with real world technical content supporting a number of tools and systems. Plenty of opportunity for career advancement into leadership positions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science with 9+ years of software development experience; 7 years with a Master's; 0 years with a PhD; or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Experience with Agile software development using Java, Python and/or C++ software development in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment
- Knowledge of object oriented design and software lifecycles
- Experience with version control software
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret (TS) clearance (will be required to start)
- Ability to obtain a Counterintelligence Polygraph (CI-Poly). Not required to start- candidate will be submitted for CI Poly upon hire.
Offers are contingent upon receiving the Top Secret clearance. Additionally, there is potential for a sign-on bonus for candidates who successfully obtain Top Secret clearance.
- Experience with supporting operational systems
- Experience with supporting distributed systems
- Experience with working in Virtualized Environments (VMs, AWS Cloud Instances)
- Experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Experience working with AWS Services
- Experience with Dockerization and Container Management (Dockers and Kubernetes)
- Previous exposure to working with ground systems (scheduling, tasking, antennas, working with hardware interfaces)
Sr Principal Engineer Software Salary Range: $120,000.00-$180,000.00
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.