Engineer Software/Principal Engineer Software (Active Top Secret Clearance REQUIRED)
Requisition ID: R10077633
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Aurora, Colorado, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, and innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector is looking for you to join our team as a Software Engineer/ Principal Software Engineer based out of Aurora, CO.
What You’ll get to Do: We are looking for a Software Engineer familiar with Java and/or Python who wants to work on an agile development team using modern development practices. You will be working on mainly new development for a micro-service event-driven architecture using Docker Containers, Kubernetes, Helm charts, and AWS services. You will also be required to perform maintenance and sustainment engineering for existing baselines which may require programming in C++/C.
Our small agile Scrum team is highly energized and has a significant software effort on a growing program with a large program impact. If this is your type of environment and you love fast-paced software development, please consider joining our team.
This is a great opportunity for a flexible self-starter to work in a dynamic environment with real-world technical content supporting a number of tools and systems. Plenty of opportunities for career advancement into leadership positions.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on the qualifications listed below. This requisition may be filled at either a Software Engineer/ Principal Software Engineer level.
Potential for sign-on bonus in addition to base pay.
- For an Engineer Software: Bachelor’s degree in Science with 2 + years of software development experience; 0 years with a Master's. An additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- For a Principal Engineer Software: Bachelor’s degree in Science with 5 + years of software development experience; 3 years with a Master's; 0 years with a PhD; an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- Experience with Agile software development using Java, Python and/or C++ software development in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and software lifecycles
- Experience with version control software
- Candidate must have a current Top Secret security clearance and the ability to qualify for an SCI to be considered
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Counterintelligence Polygraph (CI-Poly)
- Experience with supporting operational systems
- Experience with supporting distributed systems
- Experience with working in Virtualized Environments (VMs, AWS Cloud Instances)
- Experience with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Experience working with AWS Services
- Experience with Dockerization and Container Management (Dockers and Kubernetes)
- Previous exposure to working with ground systems (scheduling, tasking, antennas, working with hardware interfaces)
- Current Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Current Counterintelligence Polygraph (CI-Poly) completed within the last 5 years
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.