Sr. Principal Software Engineer (NG DoD Skillbridge) – Schriever Space Force Base
Requisition ID: R10105344
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Schriever AFB, CO, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Polygraph
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 1
As one of the largest global security companies in the world, Northrop Grumman is proud to help our nation’s military personnel make the transition to civilian careers. Approximately 1/4th of Northrop Grumman’s 90,000 employees self-identifies as veterans, and more than 1,600 are reservists.
The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program (NG-MIP) is an approved SkillBridge Program under Dept. of Defense Instruction 1322.29 . NG-MIP is an opportunity for transitioning service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through an individual internship during their last 6 months of service, for up to 180 days. The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program is open to all ranks and experience levels. SkillBridge participants are not eligible for compensation from Northrop Grumman, as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as active-duty service members.
Responsibilities for this internship position are:
Northrop Grumman Corporation (NGC) has developed the Northrop Grumman – Military Internship Program (DoD SKillbridge) utilizing the DoDI guidance for Skillbridge. During this program the service member will be on-site at his or her host company performing an individual internship in an entry to mid-level career type role. The service member will be on the job training supporting a work schedule equivalent to 40hrs per week. Outlined below are the Goals, Objectives, and Outcomes for the program.
Goals – Provide transitioning service members fellowship-style job skills training during the last portion(s) of their military commitment. This program is specifically designed to offer internships that result in the potential to transition to a full-time opportunity as the conclusion of the training. Interns will serve as a pipeline for high-speed, motivated military candidates into NGC.
Objectives - Service Members who complete the Intern program will be highly trained, capable, future employees that align to the specific needs of the organization and are prepared to meet the NG mission “Defining Possible” on Day 1. This program provides a comprehensive internship experience including professional development, networking with leadership, and training specifically focused on NG leadership principles, company history, customer/stakeholder engagement, product and service overview, and core job responsibilities.
Outcome – Offer transitioning service member a rewarding opportunity to join the Northrop Grumman team.
DoD SkillBridge Eligibility:
Has served at least 180 days on active duty
Is within 12 months of separation or retirement
Will receive an honorable discharge
Has taken any service TAPS/TGPS
Has attended or participated in an ethics brief within the last 12 months
Received Unit Commander (first O-4/Field Grade commander in chain of command) written authorization and approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge Program prior to start of internship.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space work connects and protects millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The NOALS team at Northrop Grumman Space Systems is looking for you to join our team as a Sr. Principal Software Engineer based out of Schriever SFB, in Colorado Springs, CO.
The Sr. Principal Software Engineer will support an operational program environment by developing new capabilities, troubleshooting/ resolving problems, and supporting real-time satellite launch events in a dynamic operational environment. This is an opportunity to maintain and evolve a satellite ground system in support of Mission Applications and Graphical User Interface (GUI) development and Database interactions. This is a position in which one has the opportunity to work at an operational customer facility in a dynamic environment where one can directly impact the success of an important mission.
All facets of the software design, development, and integration life cycle for software and database changes identified by program personnel especially as it pertains to Command and Telemetry processing. This includes analysis of change requests and requirements for new software support capabilities; software, COTS/GOTS integration; implementation of software using Java, C/C++, C/Python scripts, Oracle applications, and other programming tools.
Resolve technically challenging issues and proactively evolve system requirements. Support rehearsals and day-of-launch activities.
Bachelor’s Degree with 9 years of experience or Master's and 7 years of experience. OR a PhD and 4 years of experience. An additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
Experience designing and implementing software applications in Java programming language.
United States Citizenship
An active TS/SCI and Polygraph required to to start.
Experience with mentoring junior engineers on an agile development team.
Experience with standing up / configuring continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines.
Experience using distributed version control system: git, mercurial, etc. Experience working in an agile development environment. Understanding of agile terminology, methodology, and lifecycle.
Experience developing Java applications with the Spring application framework.
Knowledge of Microservices architecture style.
Basic understanding of relational databases and structured query language (SQL) syntax.
Experience with space command and control operations and concepts. Knowledge of satellite ground system concepts.
Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and basic services.
Experience with Apache Camel messaging service.
Experience with JBoss Enterprise Application Platform hosting, configuration, and deployment.
Experience with Oracle Database management and sustainment.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- Administrative Services
- Business Development
- Business Management
- Facilities/Real Estate
- Flight Operations
- Global Supply Chain
- Government Relations
- Health & Safety
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Legal and Regulatory
- Manufacturing and Production
- Mission and Quality Assurance
- Program Management
- Research and Sciences
- Technical Support
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia
- Albuquerque--- NM, New Mexico
- Alice Springs--- Northern Territory, Northern Territory
- Amberley--- Queensland, Queensland
- Annapolis Junction--- MD, Maryland
- Annapolis--- MD, Maryland
- Apopka--- FL, Florida
- Aurora--- CO, Colorado
- Australia-Fortitude Valley--- Queensland, Queensland
- Azusa--- CA, California
- Baltimore--- MD, Maryland
- Beale AFB--- CA, California
- Beavercreek--- OH, Ohio
- Belle Chasse--- LA, Louisiana
- Bellevue--- NE, Nebraska
- Beltsville--- MD, Maryland
- Bethpage--- NY, New York
- Bloomington--- MN, Minnesota
- Boulder--- CO, Colorado
- Buckley AFB--- CO, Colorado
- Buffalo--- NY, New York
- Burlington--- MA, Massachusetts
- California--- MD, Maryland
- Camarillo--- CA, California
- Canoga Park--- CA, California
- Cape Canaveral--- FL, Florida
- Chandler--- AZ, Arizona
- Chantilly--- VA, Virginia
- Charlotte--- NC, North Carolina
- Charlottesville--- VA, Virginia
- Cheltenham--- Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire
- Cincinnati--- OH, Ohio
- Clearfield--- UT, Utah
- Colorado Springs--- CO, Colorado
- Commerce--- CA, California
- Corinne--- UT, Utah
- Devens--- MA, Massachusetts
- Dulles--- VA, Virginia
- East Hartford--- CT, Connecticut
- Edinburgh Parks--- South Australia, South Australia
- Edwards AFB--- CA, California
- Eielson AFB--- AK, Alaska
- El Segundo--- CA, California
- Elk River--- MN, Minnesota
- Elkridge--- MD, Maryland
- Elkton--- MD, Maryland
- Emerado--- ND, North Dakota
- Fairbairn--- Australian Capital Territory, Australian Capital Territory
- Fairfax--- VA, Virginia
- Falls Church--- VA, Virginia
- Fort Bliss--- TX, Texas
- Fort Carson--- CO, Colorado
- Fort Gordon--- GA, Georgia
- Fort Greely--- AK, Alaska
- Fort Leavenworth--- KS, Kansas
- Fort Polk--- LA, Louisiana
- Fort Riley--- KS, Kansas
- Fort Sill--- OK, Oklahoma
- Fort Worth--- TX, Texas
- Gilbert--- AZ, Arizona
- Goleta--- CA, California
- Grand Forks AFB--- ND, North Dakota
- Hollywood--- MD, Maryland
- Hopkinton--- MA, Massachusetts
- Houston--- TX, Texas
- Huntsville--- AL, Alabama
- Irving--- TX, Texas
- Iuka--- MS, Mississippi
- Jacksonville--- FL, Florida
- Kennedy Space Center--- FL, Florida
- Kettering--- OH, Ohio
- Kirtland AFB--- NM, New Mexico
- Lake Charles--- LA, Louisiana
- Langley AFB--- VA, Virginia
- Lanham--- MD, Maryland
- Lemoore--- CA, California
- Lincoln--- Lincolnshire, Lincolnshire
- Linthicum--- MD, Maryland
- London--- London, London
- Los Angeles--- CA, California
- Madison--- AL, Alabama
- Magna--- UT, Utah
- Manchester--- Manchester, Manchester
- Manhattan Beach--- CA, California
- Mayport--- FL, Florida
- McClellan--- CA, California
- McLean--- VA, Virginia
- Melbourne--- FL, Florida
- Merritt Island--- FL, Florida
- Mesa--- AZ, Arizona
- Middle River--- MD, Maryland
- Mojave--- CA, California
- Morrisville--- NC, North Carolina
- Moss Point--- MS, Mississippi
- Naval Station Mayport--- FL, Florida
- Nellis AFB--- NV, Nevada
- New Church--- VA, Virginia
- New London--- CT, Connecticut
- New Malden--- London, London
- New Town--- ND, North Dakota
- Northridge--- CA, California
- Ocean Springs--- MS, Mississippi
- Oklahoma City--- OK, Oklahoma
- Orlando--- FL, Florida
- Oxnard--- CA, California
- Palm Beach Gardens--- FL, Florida
- Palmdale--- CA, California
- Panama City--- FL, Florida
- Patuxent River--- MD, Maryland
- Philadelphia--- PA, Pennsylvania
- Pinkenba--- Queensland, Queensland
- Plymouth--- MN, Minnesota
- Point Mugu--- CA, California
- Port Hueneme--- CA, California
- Radford--- VA, Virginia
- Redondo Beach--- CA, California
- Richmond--- New South Wales, New South Wales
- Ridgecrest--- CA, California
- Riyadh--- Riyadh, Riyadh
- Rocket Center--- WV, West Virginia
- Rocklin--- CA, California
- Rolling Meadows--- IL, Illinois
- Roy--- UT, Utah
- Saint Augustine--- FL, Florida
- Saint Charles--- MO, Missouri
- Salt Lake City--- UT, Utah
- San Antonio--- TX, Texas
- San Diego--- CA, California
- San Jose--- CA, California
- Schriever AFB--- CO, Colorado
- Sicily--- Catania, Catania
- Sierra Vista--- AZ, Arizona
- Signal Hill--- CA, California
- Sigonella--- Catania, Catania
- Springfield Central--- Queensland, Queensland
- Stafford--- VA, Virginia
- Sterling--- VA, Virginia
- Stuttgart--- Baden-Wurttemberg, Baden-Wurttemberg
- Suffolk--- VA, Virginia
- Sunnyvale--- CA, California
- Sykesville--- MD, Maryland
- Symonston--- Australian Capital Territory, Australian Capital Territory
- Tampa--- FL, Florida
- Tinker AFB--- OK, Oklahoma
- Tucson--- AZ, Arizona
- United Kingdom-Home Based--- London, London
- Unknown City--- AL, Alabama
- Unknown City--- AZ, Arizona
- Unknown City--- CA, California
- Unknown City--- CT, Connecticut
- Unknown City--- Guam, Guam
- Unknown City--- HI, Hawaii
- Unknown City--- MD, Maryland
- Unknown City--- NH, New Hampshire
- Unknown City--- NJ, New Jersey
- Unknown City--- NY, New York
- Unknown City--- OR, Oregon
- Unknown City--- PA, Pennsylvania
- Unknown City--- TX, Texas
- Unknown City--- UT, Utah
- Unknown City--- VA, Virginia
- Unknown--- VA, Virginia
- Vandenberg AFB--- CA, California
- Ventura--- CA, California
- Walpole--- MA, Massachusetts
- Warner Robins--- GA, Georgia
- Warrenton--- VA, Virginia
- Washington--- DC, District of Columbia
- Whiteman AFB--- MO, Missouri
- Williamtown--- New South Wales, New South Wales
- Woodland Hills--- CA, California
- Wright-Patterson AFB--- OH, Ohio
- Yigo--- Guam, Guam
- Yorktown--- VA, Virginia
- Yuma--- AZ, Arizona