Principal Systems Engineer - Next Generation Interceptor
Requisition ID: R10113433
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States of America | Huntsville, Alabama, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
The NGI Principal Systems Engineer is part of the Flexible Systems Engineering team supporting all aspects of the NGI program, located in Chandler, AZ or Huntsville, AL.
This position requires someone that is comfortable working in a very dynamic Agile environment, where tasking may change week to week, sometimes day to day. This engineer will interact with other disciplines, customers, management and peers to ensure the requirements and interfaces are clear, concise and captured in a DOORS database. Work on the model in CAMEO is expected.
This position performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD. - Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in Engineering or related field with 5 years of related experience
- Ability to obtain a Security clearance (SECRET or higher) which requires US Citizenship
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fluid position where tasking can change from day to day, depending on the need of the program.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve problems and ask for information
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task
- Ability to travel (approximately 10%) may be required
- Experience with requirements management software (DOORS preferred)
- Familiarity with MBSE and CAMEO
- Experience mentoring junior engineers to drive technical solutions
- Experience determining team objectives through decomposition of program level schedules
- Familiarity with Telemetry Systems, avionics or mechanical systems
- Experience with vehicle integration and testing
- Experience working on DoD / MDA contracts
- Strong ownership of problems and ability to offer and implement solutions
- Desire to actively work toward process improvement and efficiency
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.