Systems Test Engineer / Principal Systems Test Engineer
Requisition ID: R10114391
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Palmdale, California, United States of America | Edwards AFB, California, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Any (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Systems Test Engineer / Principal Systems Test Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within our Test and Evaluation organization.
This position will be supporting one or more aircraft platforms within our Strike portfolio, including the B-21 Raider, the world’s first sixth-generation aircraft. When it comes to delivering America’s resolve, the Raider provides the Air Force with long range, high survivability, and mission payload flexibility. The B-21 Raider will be capable of penetrating the toughest defenses to deliver precision strikes anywhere in the world. The B-21 is the future of deterrence. Find out more here.
The position will be in Palmdale or Edwards AFB.
- The candidate will develop and publish Integrated Test Plans, detailed test plans, test schedules, and test procedures for developmental testing.
- Provide laboratory support for integration testing.
- Support and host test planning working groups.
- Interface with test article design and analysis teams to define test configuration and data requirements.
- Review and evaluate test requirements to ensure completeness of test program.
- Perform technical analysis of complete systems and prepares comprehensive system level evaluations.
- Support test card development and review in collaboration with other engineering disciplines and test operations personnel.
- Support test readiness reviews, and pre/post-test briefings.
- Provide mission control room support and makes real-time decisions regarding safety, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Conduct and contributes to pre and post-test data analyses to support anomaly identification and resolution. Maintains metrics on status of testing and constraints.
- This position requires outstanding written and oral communications skills. Individual will be required to serve as either a principal subject matter focal point between maintenance, design engineering, and test site team - contractor and customer.
- Individual must be able to work under only general direction to determine and develop approaches to solutions; must be able to work both within a team environment and independently; must be self-motivated, thorough, and detailed; and must be willing to learn additional engineering discipline areas.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Integrated Analysis & Data System (IADS)
- Overtime, odd shifts, and weekend work will occasionally be required.
Selected Candidate must be able to work multiple shifts: 4x10 schedule (Mon-Thurs) 1st shift; 4X10 (Mon-Thurs) 2nd shift; 3x10 schedule (Fri, Sa, Su) 2nd shift. 3x10 schedule (Fri, Sa, Su) 1st shift.
“This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.”
“This requisition may be filled at either a Systems Test Engineer or Principal Systems Test Engineer."
Basic Qualifications for Systems Test Engineer:
- A Bachelors in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM Degree).
- A minimum of 2 years of applicable experience with a BS Degree or 0 years with a MS degree in STEM Field
Basic Qualifications for Principal Systems Test Engineer:
- A bachelor's in science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM Degree).
- A minimum of 5 years of applicable experience with a BS Degree or 3 years with a MS degree in STEM Field
Both Systems Test Engineer and Principal Systems Test Engineer
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret Clearance.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain Special Program Access
- Must be able to support Overtime, odd shifts, and weekend work as required to meet business needs.
- In depth knowledge of or test experience, to include control room monitoring.
- Top Secret clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.