HPC Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: R10114841
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SAP
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman is one of the industry leaders in Stealth Technology. As such, we are involved in all phases of development, production, and maintenance of Low Observable (LO) platforms. We are currently looking for experienced Low Observable / Survivability staff to work on a variety of challenging projects. One area where we are in the need of talent is in High Performance Computing (HPC) Systems Engineering.
As a HPC supercomputer System Engineer you will perform tasks that include:
- Perform system administration tasks
- Monitor and report HPC system health/metrics. Identify performance bottlenecks. Modify system wide parameters to improve performance. Evaluate effects of those changes. Gather data and report finding to senior HPC engineers.
- Perform HPC technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk evaluation, and supportability and effectiveness analyses.
- Manage HPC system life cycle: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance, and disposal.
- Assist software developers to install, fine-tune, and debug software.
- Manage/Assist technical users running analysis on HPC systems.
- Collaborate with Security and follow guideline to design and implement cybersecurity solutions
- Good understanding of HPC systems design, supercomputer implementation, HPC networked architecture and parallel processing optimization.
- Linux system administration experience
- Programming experience with at least one language or script such as C++, C#, Java, Python, BASH, CSH
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability, and scaling) of new and current HPC systems
- Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline from an accredited college or university
- A current active U.S. Government in-scope DoD Secret security clearance is required to start, with an active Special Program Access (PAR/SAP).
- Experience with RedHat Enterprise Linux OS
- Experience building and maintaining high scale distributed systems and running scalable distributed application software
- Master of science degree in Computer engineering, computer science, or system engineering discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Good written and verbal communication, mentoring experience, and good interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience working with clusters or supercomputers.
- Hands-on experience with HPC hardware diagnostic and repair
- Experience with Software compilation process (compilers, GNU Make, CMake…etc)
- Familiar with cybersecurity requirements and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of JSIG and STIG.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.