Reliability Engineering and Fault Diagnostics Engineering Manager, 2
Requisition ID: R10111453
- Category: Engineering
- Location: San Diego, California, United States of America | Palmdale, California, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman’s Aeronautics Systems sector has an opening for a Reliability Engineering and Fault Diagnostics Engineering Manager, 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within the Engineering organization supporting the Strike Division. This leadership role will be located in either San Diego or Palmdale, CA.
The candidate selected for this leadership opportunity will be responsible for leading a team of engineers supporting two specialized Engineering disciplines, Reliability Engineering and Fault Diagnostics Engineering, within the Product Support functional area, in support of a Closed Program.
The Engineering Manager will support both Engineering disciplines, in various life cycle phases for the program. The position requires an understanding of Reliability, Maintainability, Fault Diagnostics, Prognostics Health Management, Testability, and Availability. The position also requires the ability to develop and oversee root cause and corrective action analyses, as well as tradeoffs and impacts assessments in terms of requirements, design, performance, cost, and schedule to address affordability and overarching design constraints. The position is responsible for encouraging and facilitating active participation of the broader stakeholder community, decision makers, and team members in exploring the best path forward to achieve program affordability and performance. The position also entails a functional management role, overseeing both teams to provide personnel with career development, employee engagement, mentoring and coaching for a team of Engineers at various levels.
Additionally, this role will support the development and growth of both Reliability and Fault Diagnostics Engineering as technical disciplines within Product Support. Responsibilities may include development and delivery of training materials as well as supporting the growth strategy of the disciplines.
You should demonstrate a dedication to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Demonstrate abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and developing. Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills are required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) field from an accredited university, with 9 years of engineering experience or a Master’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) field from an accredited university, with 7 years of engineering experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience performing FMECAs, Reliability Predictions, Fault Trees, and Reliability Block Diagrams
• Minimum 2 years’ experience performing Testability Analysis, FID Scoring, RGA, FRACAS, and BIT Review Boards
• Active Secret or higher clearance
• Ability to travel 10% of the time
• Ability to communicate well, including proficiency with MS Office tools, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio
• Master’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) field from an accredited university, with 7 years of engineering experience
• Active Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain and maintain program access
• 3 years of experience in a lead or manager role in a technical engineering capacity
• 3 years of experience supporting a platform in either the EMD, Production, Flight Test, and/or Sustainment lifecycle phases
• Demonstrated experience with AI/ML techniques
• Demonstrated experience managing the fact-finding, analysis, and development of hypothesis/conclusions, production of final reports and delivery of presentations
• Knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM) and/or Control Account Manager (CAM)
• Familiarity with MBSE approaches and CAMEO
• Previous experience leading a team of 15+
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.