Requisition ID: R10105698
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Annapolis, MD, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
The Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test & Logistics (SEIT&L) Department at Northrop Grumman Oceanic is seeking a system modeling, simulation, and analysis engineer.
This position is based out of Annapolis, MD. Distributed work opportunities at other Northrop Grumman campuses may be considered. In this position you will support complex, dynamic, maritime programs of national strategic importance. This opportunity will allow you to contribute to the development of state-of-the-art oceanic systems, providing exposure to a wide range of advanced technologies, including autonomous underwater vehicles (AUVs), remotely operated vehicles (ROVs), acoustic and non-acoustic sensors, sensor processing, navigation, platform integration, subsea and maritime surface communication technologies, advanced algorithms, and more.
In this position you will perform one or more of the following:
Development of system or subsystem performance or effectiveness modeling, simulation, analysis, and trade study activities to include requirements analysis, system, and System of System (SoS) trade studies, system capability analysis, system survivability analysis, and mission performance/effectiveness analysis.
Create new and adapt existing models, methods, and analysis capabilities to conduct studies to support the design, development, and assessment of advanced system design concepts and technologies.
Create and update blue/red tactics and CONOPS modeling, simulation, and analysis support to accomplish long-term objectives related to program development, execution, and research and development projects.
Ensure performance capabilities of new systems and architectures are consistent with mission requirements; develop mission relevant scenarios; assess operational effectiveness of existing and emerging systems and capabilities in representative operational environments.
Work within cross-functional teams to develop new and/or integrate existing system simulation frameworks to support analysis of mission simulations. This will involve contributing to a shared codebase using version control to model platform capabilities and behaviors using Agile software development practices.
Architect, model, simulate, and analyze systems through the delivery phase to verify system performance against functional/capability requirements.
Prepare and brief technical packages to company leadership and government customers.
Support project and program processes, reviews, and technical planning activities.
Identify, develop, and implement new tools, tool features, and processes to advance our undersea and multi-domain MS&A capabilities.
Collaborate with other Northrop Grumman MS&A organizations to share ideas, capabilities and grow our world-class MS&A capabilities.
Applicants should be highly motivated self-starters with willingness to learn outside their core technology areas.
Though not required, experience with Navy customers and underwater/naval systems such as torpedoes, towed vehicles, Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs), Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs), SONAR/sensor systems, underwater mechanical structures and cabling, submarine payloads, etc. is desired. Experience in anti-submarine warfare, seabed warfare, and Navy tactics would also be desirable.
Our diverse and passionate engineering team encourages collaboration and is committed to personal and technical growth. We are distinguished by our welcoming, dependable workplace culture that supports work-life balance, innovation, and STEM outreach; all of which have made our campus a great place to work for more than 50 years.
This is a multi-level requisition; offers will be made commensurate with candidate experience and qualifications.
2 Years with Bachelors in Science in a STEM field; 0 Years with Masters
Current Secret clearance, and willingness to obtain a TS/SCI with CI polygraph.
Experience in modeling, simulation, and/or analysis of systems.
Experience with MATLAB, C/C++, Java and/or Python.
Have a keen interest in working in the maritime surface / undersea domain.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Willing to learn additional discipline areas.
Advanced degree in a STEM field, including Operations Research Analysis.
Experience/expertise in AFSIM or other scenario modeling framework.
Experience in Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW), Anti-Surface Warfare (ASUW), Mine-Warfare (MIW), Cyber Warfare, and/or other Naval Warfare Domains.
Experience in theater level, engagement level and system level MS&A in the maritime domain and/or other modeling domains.
Experience with system and System of System (SoS) MS&A and development.
Knowledge of US Naval tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs).
Experience in Mission Engineering, CONOPS, and tactics development and analysis, especially red/blue CONOPS and tactics.
Experience with other structured/scripting programming languages (such as C++, Java) and debugging.
Experience with configuration management / version control using tools such as Git, SVN.
Experience working within Agile framework (e.g., Scrum, Kanban), including tools such as Atlassian Jira and Confluence.
Experience in signal processing, communications and/or target detection/tracking.
Experience with autonomous systems and/or machine learning and artificial intelligence (ML/AI).
Experience in undersea Position, Navigation, and Timing (PNT), acoustic systems, imaging sonar techniques and technologies.
Experience preparing work products associated with the system engineering lifecycle milestones (e.g., SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR).
Industry/company recognition and awards, attendance and participation in industry/engineering conferences and symposiums, and/or patents/disclosures/publications.
Demonstrated leadership capabilities to include mentorship and working/interfacing with customers.
Active DoD TS/SCI clearance with CI poly.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- Administrative Services
- Business Development
- Business Management
- Facilities/Real Estate
- Flight Operations
- Global Supply Chain
- Government Relations
- Health & Safety
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Legal and Regulatory
- Manufacturing and Production
- Mission and Quality Assurance
- Program Management
- Research and Sciences
- Technical Support
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia
- Albuquerque--- NM, New Mexico
- Alice Springs--- Northern Territory, Northern Territory
- Amberley--- Queensland, Queensland
- Annapolis Junction--- MD, Maryland
- Annapolis--- MD, Maryland
- Apopka--- FL, Florida
- Aurora--- CO, Colorado
- Australia-Fortitude Valley--- Queensland, Queensland
- Azusa--- CA, California
- Baltimore--- MD, Maryland
- Beale AFB--- CA, California
- Beavercreek--- OH, Ohio
- Belle Chasse--- LA, Louisiana
- Bellevue--- NE, Nebraska
- Beltsville--- MD, Maryland
- Bethpage--- NY, New York
- Bloomington--- MN, Minnesota
- Boulder--- CO, Colorado
- Buckley AFB--- CO, Colorado
- Buffalo--- NY, New York
- Burlington--- MA, Massachusetts
- California--- MD, Maryland
- Camarillo--- CA, California
- Canoga Park--- CA, California
- Cape Canaveral--- FL, Florida
- Chandler--- AZ, Arizona
- Chantilly--- VA, Virginia
- Charlotte--- NC, North Carolina
- Charlottesville--- VA, Virginia
- Cheltenham--- Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire
- Cincinnati--- OH, Ohio
- Clearfield--- UT, Utah
- Colorado Springs--- CO, Colorado
- Commerce--- CA, California
- Corinne--- UT, Utah
- Devens--- MA, Massachusetts
- Dulles--- VA, Virginia
- East Hartford--- CT, Connecticut
- Edinburgh Parks--- South Australia, South Australia
- Edwards AFB--- CA, California
- Eielson AFB--- AK, Alaska
- El Segundo--- CA, California
- Elk River--- MN, Minnesota
- Elkridge--- MD, Maryland
- Elkton--- MD, Maryland
- Emerado--- ND, North Dakota
- Fairbairn--- Australian Capital Territory, Australian Capital Territory
- Fairfax--- VA, Virginia
- Falls Church--- VA, Virginia
- Fort Bliss--- TX, Texas
- Fort Carson--- CO, Colorado
- Fort Gordon--- GA, Georgia
- Fort Greely--- AK, Alaska
- Fort Leavenworth--- KS, Kansas
- Fort Polk--- LA, Louisiana
- Fort Riley--- KS, Kansas
- Fort Sill--- OK, Oklahoma
- Fort Worth--- TX, Texas
- Gilbert--- AZ, Arizona
- Goleta--- CA, California
- Grand Forks AFB--- ND, North Dakota
- Hollywood--- MD, Maryland
- Hopkinton--- MA, Massachusetts
- Houston--- TX, Texas
- Huntsville--- AL, Alabama
- Irving--- TX, Texas
- Iuka--- MS, Mississippi
- Jacksonville--- FL, Florida
- Kennedy Space Center--- FL, Florida
- Kettering--- OH, Ohio
- Kirtland AFB--- NM, New Mexico
- Lake Charles--- LA, Louisiana
- Langley AFB--- VA, Virginia
- Lanham--- MD, Maryland
- Lemoore--- CA, California
- Lincoln--- Lincolnshire, Lincolnshire
- Linthicum--- MD, Maryland
- London--- London, London
- Los Angeles--- CA, California
- Madison--- AL, Alabama
- Magna--- UT, Utah
- Manchester--- Manchester, Manchester
- Manhattan Beach--- CA, California
- Mayport--- FL, Florida
- McClellan--- CA, California
- McLean--- VA, Virginia
- Melbourne--- FL, Florida
- Merritt Island--- FL, Florida
- Mesa--- AZ, Arizona
- Middle River--- MD, Maryland
- Mojave--- CA, California
- Morrisville--- NC, North Carolina
- Moss Point--- MS, Mississippi
- Naval Station Mayport--- FL, Florida
- Nellis AFB--- NV, Nevada
- New Church--- VA, Virginia
- New London--- CT, Connecticut
- New Malden--- London, London
- New Town--- ND, North Dakota
- Northridge--- CA, California
- Ocean Springs--- MS, Mississippi
- Oklahoma City--- OK, Oklahoma
- Orlando--- FL, Florida
- Oxnard--- CA, California
- Palm Beach Gardens--- FL, Florida
- Palmdale--- CA, California
- Panama City--- FL, Florida
- Patuxent River--- MD, Maryland
- Philadelphia--- PA, Pennsylvania
- Pinkenba--- Queensland, Queensland
- Plymouth--- MN, Minnesota
- Point Mugu--- CA, California
- Port Hueneme--- CA, California
- Radford--- VA, Virginia
- Redondo Beach--- CA, California
- Richmond--- New South Wales, New South Wales
- Ridgecrest--- CA, California
- Riyadh--- Riyadh, Riyadh
- Rocket Center--- WV, West Virginia
- Rocklin--- CA, California
- Rolling Meadows--- IL, Illinois
- Roy--- UT, Utah
- Saint Augustine--- FL, Florida
- Saint Charles--- MO, Missouri
- Salt Lake City--- UT, Utah
- San Antonio--- TX, Texas
- San Diego--- CA, California
- San Jose--- CA, California
- Schriever AFB--- CO, Colorado
- Sicily--- Catania, Catania
- Sierra Vista--- AZ, Arizona
- Signal Hill--- CA, California
- Sigonella--- Catania, Catania
- Springfield Central--- Queensland, Queensland
- Stafford--- VA, Virginia
- Sterling--- VA, Virginia
- Stuttgart--- Baden-Wurttemberg, Baden-Wurttemberg
- Suffolk--- VA, Virginia
- Sunnyvale--- CA, California
- Sykesville--- MD, Maryland
- Symonston--- Australian Capital Territory, Australian Capital Territory
- Tampa--- FL, Florida
- Tinker AFB--- OK, Oklahoma
- Tucson--- AZ, Arizona
- United Kingdom-Home Based--- London, London
- Unknown City--- AL, Alabama
- Unknown City--- AZ, Arizona
- Unknown City--- CA, California
- Unknown City--- CT, Connecticut
- Unknown City--- Guam, Guam
- Unknown City--- HI, Hawaii
- Unknown City--- MD, Maryland
- Unknown City--- NH, New Hampshire
- Unknown City--- NJ, New Jersey
- Unknown City--- NY, New York
- Unknown City--- OR, Oregon
- Unknown City--- PA, Pennsylvania
- Unknown City--- TX, Texas
- Unknown City--- UT, Utah
- Unknown City--- VA, Virginia
- Unknown--- VA, Virginia
- Vandenberg AFB--- CA, California
- Ventura--- CA, California
- Walpole--- MA, Massachusetts
- Warner Robins--- GA, Georgia
- Warrenton--- VA, Virginia
- Washington--- DC, District of Columbia
- Whiteman AFB--- MO, Missouri
- Williamtown--- New South Wales, New South Wales
- Woodland Hills--- CA, California
- Wright-Patterson AFB--- OH, Ohio
- Yigo--- Guam, Guam
- Yorktown--- VA, Virginia
- Yuma--- AZ, Arizona