GBSD - Staff Systems Engineer – AVE (Missile) Architecture Lead (7239)
Requisition ID: R10044180
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Staff Systems Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
As a Systems Engineer on this team, you will support a team of engineers to define, develop, decompose, analyze, verify, and validate requirements for weapon system. In this role, you will be supporting program leadership and the customer to define and maintain the technical baseline. Ultimately, you will support the program through maturity and milestones to achieve the mission by ensuring teams are aware of the compliance requirements they will need to meet.
Candidates should be highly motivated engineers who can work both independently and in team environments.
What you’ll get to do:
The AVE SE Architecture lead will be responsible for both technical and team oversight for the AVE Architecture team. The lead will be responsible for guiding a team of 5+ members directly but will also be responsible for overseeing the overall MBSE work-content for the AVE portion of the GBSD program (excluding verification models), along with supporting any external interfaces content.
This position also requires working with the program Systems Engineering teams to develop architecture governance, definition, and processes to adhere-to and satisfy the GBSD contract SOW. This will include working with and leading MBSE/architecture efforts across the 5 AVE Element IPTs.
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership and architecture/Cameo skills to achieve program and contract requirements / objectives. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are a must. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, and the ideal candidate will have demonstrated success collaborating and leading Engineering teams.
The successful applicant will:
- Demonstrate leadership principles – Integrity, respect, organizational, communication etc
- Proficient in generating and maintaining SysML and DoDAF models in Cameo EA; interface with subject matter experts, analysts, architects, designers, system engineers and specialty engineers to capture GBSD structure and behavior using accurate DoDAF/SysML representations
- Participate in technical planning, verification and validation development, cost and risk considerations, and requirements analyses for integrated systems
- Prepare and present content in internal reviews and customer CDRs, support CDRL deliveries
- Develop unifying model techniques, procedures, and processes (for model development, tool integration, and team integration)
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80A. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You’ll bring these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics from an accredited university with Minimum 14 years of related experience; 12 years with a Master's; or 9 years with a PhD
- Active DoD Secret security clearance with last investigation/adjudicated within the last 6 years
- Model Based Systems Engineer (MBSE) experience:
- Minimum 3 years Cameo EA experience (or similar tool)
- Minimum 3 years of DOORS or related experience
- Experience integrating requirements, performance and interface, into MBSE tools
- Minimum 3 years of team leadership/management
These qualifications would be nice to have:
- Active TS//SCI Clearance with SAP clearance
- ICBM/Missile experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.