Sentinel (GBSD) Senior Principal System Test Engineer - 6927
Requisition ID: R10089631
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Senior Principal System Test Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Sentinel – Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You’ll Get To Do:
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of Test Planning
• Synthesizes customer contractual needs and requirements into system test solutions that acknowledges technical, schedule and cost constraints.
• Develops and directs preparation and execution of comprehensive test plans, procedures and schedules for completing systems.
• Coordinates integrated testing activities.
• Reviews and evaluates test requirements to insure completeness of test program.
• Performs technical analysis of complete systems and prepares comprehensive system level evaluations.
• Develop, plan, and execute Acceptance Test plans, as well as Audits and Reviews.
• Use and/or application of technical principles, theories, and concepts. Demonstrates the skill and ability to perform professional tasks
• Perform Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) using CAMEO & DOORS SW
• Lead/Mentor a team through System Test planning/execution in a AGILE environment
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
• 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years)
• Knowledge of system integration and test principles
• Experience developing Test Plans and Test Procedures
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) curriculum
• US Citizenship with an Active Top-Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years)
• Previous test experience at any level of build (unit, element, segment, etc.)
• Experience working in a MBSE (Model-Based System Engineering) environment with CAMEO software or equivalent
• Excellent communication and organizational skills; strong interpersonal and analytic skills
• Works well in a team environment
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.