Sentinel Principal / Sr Principal Systems Architect - IFC (9978 9979)
Requisition ID: R10110619
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal / Sr Principal Systems Engineer Architect in support of the Sentinel program. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force’s sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure. This position is located in Roy, Utah.
The selected candidate will join the Integrated Functional Capability (IFC) team within the System Engineering Directorate. The IFC team is responsible for coordinating the development and execution of the IFCs in accordance with the Integrated Master Schedule to support major milestone events. This position may be filled at a higher level based on qualifications listed below.
What You’ll Get To Do
This role requires support of the team leads in close coordination and collaboration with the other Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) responsible for the weapon system architecture model. You will help design and develop Sentinel weapon system architecture and define key capabilities and functions for Sentinel Integrated Functional Capabilities (IFCs).
You will have the opportunity to:
- Define design and technology maturity constraints as they relate to program integration events
- Coordinate with integrated product teams for establishing functions and requirements within the architecture model
- Develop descriptive system models to include logical/physical/functional block diagrams at various abstraction layers
- Perform gap analysis within the weapon system architecture
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
This position may be filled at a Principal or Sr Principal level
- Principal Systems Engineer: Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of experience with Bachelor's degree, 3 years of experience with Master's degree, 0 years of experience with PhD
- Sr Principal Systems Engineer: Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of experience with Bachelor's degree, 7 years of experience with Master's degree, 4 years of experience with PhD
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with an active DoD Secret clearance with investigation within the last 5 years or in Continuous Evaluation (CE) and ability to obtain & maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access
- Previous systems engineering or technical project management experience
- Experience developing model-based systems engineering products in Cameo
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance
- Experience with Agile/DevOps methodologies, practices, and tools
- General understanding of Northrop Grumman Corporation Engineering Processes
- Excellent communication, mentoring, interpersonal skills, and ability to interface with senior management, peers, and employees
- Experience with Sentinel or MMIII weapon systems
- Experience using DOORs and possesses requirements verification knowledge
- Experience analyzing and integrating large Cameo models
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.