Northrop Grumman (DoD SkillBridge) Flight Inspector 3
Requisition ID: R10098206
- Category: Flight Operations
- Location: Redondo Beach, CA, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Any (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 3
Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program (NG-MIP) is an approved SkillBridge Program under Dept. of Defense Instruction 1322.29. The NG-MIP program is an opportunity for transitioning service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through an individual internship during their last 6 months of service, for up to 180 days. The Northrop Grumman Military internship Program is open to all ranks and experience levels. SkillBridge participants are not eligible for compensation from Northrop Grumman, as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as active-duty service members.
Responsibilities for this internship position are:
Northrop Grumman Corporation (NGC) has developed the Northrop Grumman – Military Internship Program (DoD SKillbridge) utilizing the DoDI guidance for Skillbridge. During this program the service member will be on-site at his or her host company performing an individual internship in an entry to mid-level career type role. The service member will be on the job training supporting a work schedule equivalent to 40hrs per week. Outlined below are the Goals, Objectives, and Outcomes for the program.
Goals – Provide transitioning service members fellowship-style job skills training during the last portion(s) of their military commitment. This program is specifically designed to offer internships that result in the potential to transition to a full-time opportunity as the conclusion of the training. Interns will serve as a pipeline for high-speed, motivated military candidates into NGC.
Objectives - Service Members who complete the Intern program will be highly-trained, capable, future employees that align to the specific needs of the organization and are prepared to meet the NG mission “Defining Possible” on Day 1. This program provides a comprehensive internship experience including professional development, networking with leadership, and training specifically focused on NG leadership principles, company history, customer/stakeholder engagement, product and service overview, and core job responsibilities.
Outcome – Offer transitioning service member a rewarding opportunity to join the Northrop Grumman team.
DoD SkillBridge Eligibility:
· Has served at least 180 days on active duty
· Is within 12 months of separation or retirement
· Will receive an honorable discharge
· Has taken any service TAPS/TGPS
· Has attended or participated in an ethics brief within the last 12 months
· Received Unit Commander (first O-4/Field Grade commander in chain of command) written authorization and approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge Program prior to start of internship.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for launch systems capabilities serving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
Northrop Grumman SSSD has an opening for a Flight Inspector to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Inspects demonstrator and production aircraft systems, equipment and parts for operation and conformance to government and company standards and specifications. Inspects the installation and operation of electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic, fuel, oil, and emergency systems and other parts and equipment of aircraft. Performs preflight and postflight inspections in accordance with standard procedure on flight-proven aircraft. Approves non-flight-proven aircraft for flight. Inspects, adjustments, repairs, or modifications made on the aircraft. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
Perform detailed inspections on Mechanical, Electrical, and RF components at the piece part level as well as the assembly and sub-assembly level.
Provide surveillance during the entire build process to ensure processes and procedure are followed.
Work close with the test teams and provide surveillance during testing operations.
Accomplish various test setup verifications performed during each phase of the build cycle. Such as, Thermal Vacuum and/or Vibrations tests.
Perform in-depth reviews of product build documentation to determine if as-built meets as-designed.
Confirm acceptable quality standards and workmanship practices are being utilized in assigned work centers
Perform in-process and final inspections on various mechanical / electrical components throughout the manufacturing facility and/or work centers.
Practically apply process specifications and use applicable workmanship standards during everyday job functions.
Generate nonconformance reports for discrepancies discovered during inspection processes.
Review nonconformities and provide feedback to authors on coding selections, defect descriptions, and other key attributes of NCR's.
When needed, provide insights for review boards (PMRB, MRB, or FRB) to help with disposition or RCCA.
Perform audits of work areas to ensure compliance with ISO 9001/AS 9100 procedures
Develop training material for assigned work center PA group.
Train and mentor new hires or less-experienced personnel in at least one skill identified on the PA skills matrix for assign area of work
Act as safety representative during critical and hazardous operations for assigned spacecraft
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
High school diploma/equivalent
Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret/SCI clearance.
Able to read engineering documentation and inspect to drawings and parts lists, inspection plans, and supplemental instructions.
Able to read and interpret schematics and block diagrams for verifications of test setups.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance, or relevant experience in Electrical or Mechanical field of work in performance of technical job function.
Willingness to work off shift activities with occasional overtime, weekend, and Holiday support as required.
Willingness to support 2nd shift (if required), and occasionally (though not often) 3rd shift support for short periods of Space craft testing.
Willingness to travel in support of ITL level activities is required.
Fluent in use of Microsoft applications and ability to learn new computer programs/applications.
Technical writing skills
Associates (2 year) degree in engineering discipline or non-technical 4 year degree from accredited institute.
Working knowledge of Solumina, Cape, SAP.
Previous experience working for an ISO-certified company.
Active workmanship certifications from accreditation/standards companies, (e.g. IPC-A-620, NASA 8739 series, etc.).
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- Administrative Services
- Business Development
- Business Management
- Facilities/Real Estate
- Flight Operations
- Global Supply Chain
- Government Relations
- Health & Safety
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Legal and Regulatory
- Manufacturing and Production
- Mission and Quality Assurance
- Program Management
- Research and Sciences
- Technical Support
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia
- Albuquerque--- NM, New Mexico
- Alice Springs--- Northern Territory, Northern Territory
- Amberley--- Queensland, Queensland
- Annapolis Junction--- MD, Maryland
- Annapolis--- MD, Maryland
- Apopka--- FL, Florida
- Aurora--- CO, Colorado
- Australia-Fortitude Valley--- Queensland, Queensland
- Azusa--- CA, California
- Baltimore--- MD, Maryland
- Beale AFB--- CA, California
- Beavercreek--- OH, Ohio
- Belle Chasse--- LA, Louisiana
- Bellevue--- NE, Nebraska
- Beltsville--- MD, Maryland
- Bethpage--- NY, New York
- Bloomington--- MN, Minnesota
- Boulder--- CO, Colorado
- Buckley AFB--- CO, Colorado
- Buffalo--- NY, New York
- Burlington--- MA, Massachusetts
- California--- MD, Maryland
- Camarillo--- CA, California
- Canoga Park--- CA, California
- Cape Canaveral--- FL, Florida
- Chandler--- AZ, Arizona
- Chantilly--- VA, Virginia
- Charlotte--- NC, North Carolina
- Charlottesville--- VA, Virginia
- Cheltenham--- Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire
- Cincinnati--- OH, Ohio
- Clearfield--- UT, Utah
- Colorado Springs--- CO, Colorado
- Commerce--- CA, California
- Corinne--- UT, Utah
- Devens--- MA, Massachusetts
- Dulles--- VA, Virginia
- East Hartford--- CT, Connecticut
- Edinburgh Parks--- South Australia, South Australia
- Edwards AFB--- CA, California
- Eielson AFB--- AK, Alaska
- El Segundo--- CA, California
- Elk River--- MN, Minnesota
- Elkridge--- MD, Maryland
- Elkton--- MD, Maryland
- Emerado--- ND, North Dakota
- Fairbairn--- Australian Capital Territory, Australian Capital Territory
- Fairfax--- VA, Virginia
- Falls Church--- VA, Virginia
- Fort Bliss--- TX, Texas
- Fort Carson--- CO, Colorado
- Fort Gordon--- GA, Georgia
- Fort Greely--- AK, Alaska
- Fort Leavenworth--- KS, Kansas
- Fort Polk--- LA, Louisiana
- Fort Riley--- KS, Kansas
- Fort Sill--- OK, Oklahoma
- Fort Worth--- TX, Texas
- Gilbert--- AZ, Arizona
- Goleta--- CA, California
- Grand Forks AFB--- ND, North Dakota
- Hollywood--- MD, Maryland
- Hopkinton--- MA, Massachusetts
- Houston--- TX, Texas
- Huntsville--- AL, Alabama
- Irving--- TX, Texas
- Iuka--- MS, Mississippi
- Jacksonville--- FL, Florida
- Kennedy Space Center--- FL, Florida
- Kettering--- OH, Ohio
- Kirtland AFB--- NM, New Mexico
- Lake Charles--- LA, Louisiana
- Langley AFB--- VA, Virginia
- Lanham--- MD, Maryland
- Lemoore--- CA, California
- Lincoln--- Lincolnshire, Lincolnshire
- Linthicum--- MD, Maryland
- London--- London, London
- Los Angeles--- CA, California
- Madison--- AL, Alabama
- Magna--- UT, Utah
- Manchester--- Manchester, Manchester
- Manhattan Beach--- CA, California
- Mayport--- FL, Florida
- McClellan--- CA, California
- McLean--- VA, Virginia
- Melbourne--- FL, Florida
- Merritt Island--- FL, Florida
- Mesa--- AZ, Arizona
- Middle River--- MD, Maryland
- Mojave--- CA, California
- Morrisville--- NC, North Carolina
- Moss Point--- MS, Mississippi
- Naval Station Mayport--- FL, Florida
- Nellis AFB--- NV, Nevada
- New Church--- VA, Virginia
- New London--- CT, Connecticut
- New Malden--- London, London
- New Town--- ND, North Dakota
- Northridge--- CA, California
- Ocean Springs--- MS, Mississippi
- Oklahoma City--- OK, Oklahoma
- Orlando--- FL, Florida
- Oxnard--- CA, California
- Palm Beach Gardens--- FL, Florida
- Palmdale--- CA, California
- Panama City--- FL, Florida
- Patuxent River--- MD, Maryland
- Philadelphia--- PA, Pennsylvania
- Pinkenba--- Queensland, Queensland
- Plymouth--- MN, Minnesota
- Point Mugu--- CA, California
- Port Hueneme--- CA, California
- Radford--- VA, Virginia
- Redondo Beach--- CA, California
- Richmond--- New South Wales, New South Wales
- Ridgecrest--- CA, California
- Riyadh--- Riyadh, Riyadh
- Rocket Center--- WV, West Virginia
- Rocklin--- CA, California
- Rolling Meadows--- IL, Illinois
- Roy--- UT, Utah
- Saint Augustine--- FL, Florida
- Saint Charles--- MO, Missouri
- Salt Lake City--- UT, Utah
- San Antonio--- TX, Texas
- San Diego--- CA, California
- San Jose--- CA, California
- Schriever AFB--- CO, Colorado
- Sicily--- Catania, Catania
- Sierra Vista--- AZ, Arizona
- Signal Hill--- CA, California
- Sigonella--- Catania, Catania
- Springfield Central--- Queensland, Queensland
- Stafford--- VA, Virginia
- Sterling--- VA, Virginia
- Stuttgart--- Baden-Wurttemberg, Baden-Wurttemberg
- Suffolk--- VA, Virginia
- Sunnyvale--- CA, California
- Sykesville--- MD, Maryland
- Symonston--- Australian Capital Territory, Australian Capital Territory
- Tampa--- FL, Florida
- Tinker AFB--- OK, Oklahoma
- Tucson--- AZ, Arizona
- United Kingdom-Home Based--- London, London
- Unknown City--- AL, Alabama
- Unknown City--- AZ, Arizona
- Unknown City--- CA, California
- Unknown City--- CT, Connecticut
- Unknown City--- Guam, Guam
- Unknown City--- HI, Hawaii
- Unknown City--- MD, Maryland
- Unknown City--- NH, New Hampshire
- Unknown City--- NJ, New Jersey
- Unknown City--- NY, New York
- Unknown City--- OR, Oregon
- Unknown City--- PA, Pennsylvania
- Unknown City--- TX, Texas
- Unknown City--- UT, Utah
- Unknown City--- VA, Virginia
- Unknown--- VA, Virginia
- Vandenberg AFB--- CA, California
- Ventura--- CA, California
- Walpole--- MA, Massachusetts
- Warner Robins--- GA, Georgia
- Warrenton--- VA, Virginia
- Washington--- DC, District of Columbia
- Whiteman AFB--- MO, Missouri
- Williamtown--- New South Wales, New South Wales
- Woodland Hills--- CA, California
- Wright-Patterson AFB--- OH, Ohio
- Yigo--- Guam, Guam
- Yorktown--- VA, Virginia
- Yuma--- AZ, Arizona