Sr Principal Cyber Systems Engineer (EC) - Evergreen
Requisition ID: R10081309
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Annapolis Junction, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Polygraph
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We’re looking for innovators, who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we will support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you will have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman's Sensing & Secure Solutions Operating Unit is actively seeking a talented System Engineering expert to join a newly awarded, Northrop Grumman primed program. This position's work location is in Annapolis Junction Maryland and is part of the Mission Systems Sector within Northrop Grumman. The new team member will be designing and developing new systems, applications, and solutions for external customer's enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks. We are seeking a person who is capable of being responsible for System design efforts, mentoring junior engineers, and demonstrating knowledge/experience of the latest System Engineering techniques to model system design driving Software Development efforts.
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- A current and active TS/SCI Clearance and Polygraph is required.
- BS + 9 years of exp; MS + 5 years of exp; PhD + 4 years of exp is required.
- Experience with SysML and Model based system Engineering concepts.
- Proven disciplined System Engineering experience with requirement-driven design through formal V&V.
- Experience working in Agile (SaFE) environments.
- Experience working with Software Development teams utilizing MBSE artifacts to drive Software Development.
- An ability to interface with external entities is preferred.
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience is highly preferred.
- Experience with designing and developing new systems using Model Based System Engineering tools including CAMEO .
- Knowledge of SysML.
- Experience with creating Use Cases, Activity Diagrams, BDDs, IBDs, Sequence diagrams, etc. in CAMEO to satisfy system requirements.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.