Engineer Network/ Principal Engineer Network (AHT)
Requisition ID: R10114567
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Huntsville, Alabama, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Any (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 2
The candidate will perform network engineering activities supporting all phases of systems development in the areas of Network Engineering. The candidate will be performing these duties on a later identified program in Huntsville, Alabama. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Support the design and implementation of network architecture
- Conduct scheduled maintenance of the different Network IOS
- Implement Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) for networking devices
- Work on multiple simultaneous tasks
- Perform routine network administration tasks as needed
This position may be filled as a (Level 2) Network Engineer or (Level 3) Principal Network Engineer.
This position is contingent upon program placement.
- Network Engineer (Level 2): Bachelor of Science (BS) STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) degree in science, engineering, or related discipline with 3 years of experience; or 0 years of relevant experience with a Masters (MS) degree;
- Principal Network Engineer: Bachelor of Science (BS) STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) degree in science, engineering, or related discipline with 5 years of experience; or 3 years of relevant experience with a Masters (MS) degree; 0 years with a PhD;
- DoD 8570 Security certification such as Sec+, CASP, CISSP, or equivalent.
- A professional certification specific to the networking industry i.e. CCNA/CCNP/CCIE or equivalent.
- Good understanding of IP4 and IPv6 network design, including IP subnetting and protocols including BGP, OSPF and EIGRP
- CLEARANCE: Candidate must currently have, and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government DOD Secret Clearance with a background investigation date within 5 Years
- Good understanding of network device configuration and troubleshooting (ideally, Cisco IOS/IOS-XE)
- Good understanding of advanced features like GRE, IPSEC, IP quality-of-service, VLANs, and multicast.
- Experience with military COMSEC/CRYPTO equipment and procedures.
- Experience with tactical/military radio networks
- Experience VoIP and VTC
- Experience with IBCS
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.