Space Principal Network Engineer/ Sr. Principal Network Engineer – TS/SCI and Poly Required
Requisition ID: R10106350
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Chantilly, Virginia, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SCI
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 6
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking an experienced Principal /Sr. Principal Network Engineer to support an IT infrastructure network consolidation program in Chantilly, VA.
A Network Engineer designs, develops, configures, integrates, installs and tests network systems.
The candidates will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following tasks:
• Design and plan network communication systems
• Provide specification and detailed schematics for network architecture
• Define and develop techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs to include current and future capacity
• Conduct testing of network design
• Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interface such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, switches, bridges, gateways, etc.
• Evaluate and report on new communication technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
• Troubleshoot, upgrade and implement improvements to the entire enclave, to include but not limited to Cisco and Juniper
This requisition may be filled at either a Principal or Sr. Principal Level.
• Principal Engineer: 5 Years’ experience with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD; or 9 years of experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
• Sr Principal Engineer: 9 Years’ experience with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD; or 13 years of experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
• Experience with, and knowledge of, Cisco IOS and Cisco Nexus Operating systems
• Experience with Cisco appliances, specifically Firepower firewalls and TACACS+ services
• Intimate knowledge and experience designing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Network switching and routing protocols.
• CompTIA Security+ CE certification (IAT II or higher)
• A current active TS with SCI and CI or FS Polygraph
• In depth understanding of IPV4 Network sub/super netting, CIDR, and DNS
• Understanding and experience designing and maintaining a large scale Multicast deployment, to include IGMP and PIM protocols
• Experience with ServiceNow submitting and tracking requests
• Understanding and experience with designing, writing, and implementing FCRs - Experience with SolarWinds or other Network Management tools
• Experience with WAN operations and protocols
• Experience working in large scale Development and Operational Networking environments (4000+ nodes)
• A current active TS/SCI with Poly
• A valid CompTIA Security+ CE certification (IAT II or higher)
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.