Staff Classified Cybersecurity Analyst
Requisition ID: R10095597
- Category: Information Technology
Location: Redondo Beach, CA, USA | Linthicum, MD, USA +1 more
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage, and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyber space. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Classified Cybersecurity is seeking a Staff Cyber Security Architect to join our Cyber Operations and Architecture (COA) team. As a Cyber Architect, you will be responsible for the development, testing, and support of various security tools that are developed under the COA team. In addition to tool development and sustainment, you will also be responsible for designing secure architectures and engineering principles that will be used as classified corporate cyber security standard across all NG classified programs.
Job Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
Work on a high performing team as a senior architect and engineer that will be responsible for the design, development, implementation and support on a wide variety of security tools such as: McAfee ePO, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Nessus Essentials and Nessus Pro, Tenable.sc, Splunk, ELK Stack, SolarWinds, Rapid7, and more.
Designing and developing security requirements that drive down risk while maintaining operational capability.
Building enterprise-wide cyber reference architectures, taxonomy, and related documentation.
Defining common workflows, automations, templates, inheritable cyber services and execution value streams that enable sustainable compliance across the corporation.
Define strategic cyber roadmaps with a focus on innovation and continuous improvement.
Employ best practices when implementing security requirements for information systems including software engineering methodologies, system/security engineering principles, secure design, secure architecture, and secure coding techniques.
Evaluate the latest industry trends in cyber security and bring those into the enterprise as applicable.
Collaborate closely with other corporate and classified cyber teams to ensure proper governance and adherence to cyber policies and procedures.
Provide security thought leadership at an enterprise level.
Establish and document security strategies, directions, and approaches.
Provide Cyber architecture consulting & guidance to project teams and other areas of the organization.
Track and monitor security product landscape, specific to relevant security technologies and vendors.
Perform and document security research with the potential for architectural modeling & prototyping of solution options.
Development of conceptual security architectures, operating models, reference architectures and security technology standards.
Serve as the ISSE subject matter expert (SME) to programs and leadership as required for all security engineering and architecture topics regarding security best practices.
Perform assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment or enclave and identify where those systems and networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy.
The successful candidate will establish an inclusive culture within a diverse environment. Travel within the continental United States will be required.
Must have at minimum, a master’s degree with 12 years of relevant experience; OR a bachelor’s degree with 14 years of relevant experience; OR an associate degree with 16 years of relevant experience; OR a High School Diploma/GED with 18 years of relevant experience is required.
Candidates must have a current DoD Secret level security clearance, to include a closed investigation date completed within the last 5 years in order to be considered.
Must have the ability to obtain, and maintain, access to Special Access Programs (SAPs) as a condition of continued employment.
Must have a DoD 8570 IAM level III security certification (examples: CISSP, CISM, Etc.)
Demonstrated expertise in networking, security engineering, security architecture, and complex network architectures to include cross domain solutions.
Experience with implementing and managing security tools such as: McAfee ePO, Splunk Enterprise Security, Tenable SecurityCenter, SCAP, and SCC.
Experience with Linux & Windows system administration.
Excellent technical document preparation and writing skills.
Experience with the Risk Management Framework or similar cyber -security, risk-based frameworks (e.g., HIPAA, PCI/DSS, etc.).
Experience working on DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) implementation.
Demonstrated expertise and SME level knowledge with JSIG/NIST 800-53 policies, DAAPM, and ICD 503 policies, & writing entire RMF Bodies of Evidence to obtain and maintain ATO for classified systems.
8-10 years of experience configuring and securing systems to achieve compliance with Security requirements (Controls, STIGS, etc.).
Must have excellent organizational and written and verbal communication skills.
Must have experience in communicating with various levels of leadership.
Experience leading multiple project assignments.
Scripting with PowerShell, Bash, and Python.
Active TS/SCI w/ CI Polygraph with SAP and SCI access.
15 or more years of experience as an ISSE or System Administrator in classified environments (SAP, SCI, and collateral).
Master’s degree in computer science, Information Assurance, or Cyber Security.
CCSP, CEH, AZ-500, CCSK Certifications.
Strong knowledge with the following tools: Nessus, Tenable.SC, Splunk, Symantec Endpoint Protection, McAfee ePO, Rapid7 Nexpose, Winzip/Roxio Secure Burn, SCC, SCAP, Bitlocker, LUKs.
Strong knowledge with the following technologies: containers, infrastructure as Code (IaC), and cloud security design principles.
Strong knowledge of security architecture and engineering.
Strong knowledge in Microsoft and Linux operating systems.
Experience with DevOps methodologies and practices.
Highly organized with ability to manage multiple priorities and time sensitive deliverables. Hands on, self-starting, disciplined and detail-oriented individual with ability to work independently in a high-volume environment
Efficient, proactive, responsive team player with excellent written and oral communication skills; able to interface effectively with all levels of corporate management and government customers
This position reports to Redondo Beach, CA, USA, however, this position can also be worked from Linthicum, MD, MD, USA.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- Administrative Services
- Business Development
- Business Management
- Facilities/Real Estate
- Flight Operations
- Global Supply Chain
- Government Relations
- Health & Safety
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Legal and Regulatory
- Manufacturing and Production
- Mission and Quality Assurance
- Program Management
- Research and Sciences
- Technical Support
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia
- Albuquerque--- NM, New Mexico
- Alice Springs--- Northern Territory, Northern Territory
- Amberley--- Queensland, Queensland
- Annapolis Junction--- MD, Maryland
- Annapolis--- MD, Maryland
- Apopka--- FL, Florida
- Aurora--- CO, Colorado
- Australia-Fortitude Valley--- Queensland, Queensland
- Azusa--- CA, California
- Baltimore--- MD, Maryland
- Beale AFB--- CA, California
- Beavercreek--- OH, Ohio
- Belle Chasse--- LA, Louisiana
- Bellevue--- NE, Nebraska
- Beltsville--- MD, Maryland
- Bethpage--- NY, New York
- Bloomington--- MN, Minnesota
- Boulder--- CO, Colorado
- Buckley AFB--- CO, Colorado
- Buffalo--- NY, New York
- Burlington--- MA, Massachusetts
- California--- MD, Maryland
- Camarillo--- CA, California
- Canoga Park--- CA, California
- Cape Canaveral--- FL, Florida
- Chandler--- AZ, Arizona
- Chantilly--- VA, Virginia
- Charlotte--- NC, North Carolina
- Charlottesville--- VA, Virginia
- Cheltenham--- Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire
- Cincinnati--- OH, Ohio
- Clearfield--- UT, Utah
- Colorado Springs--- CO, Colorado
- Commerce--- CA, California
- Corinne--- UT, Utah
- Devens--- MA, Massachusetts
- Dulles--- VA, Virginia
- East Hartford--- CT, Connecticut
- Edinburgh Parks--- South Australia, South Australia
- Edwards AFB--- CA, California
- Eielson AFB--- AK, Alaska
- El Segundo--- CA, California
- Elk River--- MN, Minnesota
- Elkridge--- MD, Maryland
- Elkton--- MD, Maryland
- Emerado--- ND, North Dakota
- Fairbairn--- Australian Capital Territory, Australian Capital Territory
- Fairfax--- VA, Virginia
- Falls Church--- VA, Virginia
- Fort Bliss--- TX, Texas
- Fort Carson--- CO, Colorado
- Fort Gordon--- GA, Georgia
- Fort Greely--- AK, Alaska
- Fort Leavenworth--- KS, Kansas
- Fort Polk--- LA, Louisiana
- Fort Riley--- KS, Kansas
- Fort Sill--- OK, Oklahoma
- Fort Worth--- TX, Texas
- Gilbert--- AZ, Arizona
- Goleta--- CA, California
- Grand Forks AFB--- ND, North Dakota
- Hollywood--- MD, Maryland
- Hopkinton--- MA, Massachusetts
- Houston--- TX, Texas
- Huntsville--- AL, Alabama
- Irving--- TX, Texas
- Iuka--- MS, Mississippi
- Jacksonville--- FL, Florida
- Kennedy Space Center--- FL, Florida
- Kettering--- OH, Ohio
- Kirtland AFB--- NM, New Mexico
- Lake Charles--- LA, Louisiana
- Langley AFB--- VA, Virginia
- Lanham--- MD, Maryland
- Lemoore--- CA, California
- Lincoln--- Lincolnshire, Lincolnshire
- Linthicum--- MD, Maryland
- London--- London, London
- Los Angeles--- CA, California
- Madison--- AL, Alabama
- Magna--- UT, Utah
- Manchester--- Manchester, Manchester
- Manhattan Beach--- CA, California
- Mayport--- FL, Florida
- McClellan--- CA, California
- McLean--- VA, Virginia
- Melbourne--- FL, Florida
- Merritt Island--- FL, Florida
- Mesa--- AZ, Arizona
- Middle River--- MD, Maryland
- Mojave--- CA, California
- Morrisville--- NC, North Carolina
- Moss Point--- MS, Mississippi
- Naval Station Mayport--- FL, Florida
- Nellis AFB--- NV, Nevada
- New Church--- VA, Virginia
- New London--- CT, Connecticut
- New Malden--- London, London
- New Town--- ND, North Dakota
- Northridge--- CA, California
- Ocean Springs--- MS, Mississippi
- Oklahoma City--- OK, Oklahoma
- Orlando--- FL, Florida
- Oxnard--- CA, California
- Palm Beach Gardens--- FL, Florida
- Palmdale--- CA, California
- Panama City--- FL, Florida
- Patuxent River--- MD, Maryland
- Philadelphia--- PA, Pennsylvania
- Pinkenba--- Queensland, Queensland
- Plymouth--- MN, Minnesota
- Point Mugu--- CA, California
- Port Hueneme--- CA, California
- Radford--- VA, Virginia
- Redondo Beach--- CA, California
- Richmond--- New South Wales, New South Wales
- Ridgecrest--- CA, California
- Riyadh--- Riyadh, Riyadh
- Rocket Center--- WV, West Virginia
- Rocklin--- CA, California
- Rolling Meadows--- IL, Illinois
- Roy--- UT, Utah
- Saint Augustine--- FL, Florida
- Saint Charles--- MO, Missouri
- Salt Lake City--- UT, Utah
- San Antonio--- TX, Texas
- San Diego--- CA, California
- San Jose--- CA, California
- Schriever AFB--- CO, Colorado
- Sicily--- Catania, Catania
- Sierra Vista--- AZ, Arizona
- Signal Hill--- CA, California
- Sigonella--- Catania, Catania
- Springfield Central--- Queensland, Queensland
- Stafford--- VA, Virginia
- Sterling--- VA, Virginia
- Stuttgart--- Baden-Wurttemberg, Baden-Wurttemberg
- Suffolk--- VA, Virginia
- Sunnyvale--- CA, California
- Sykesville--- MD, Maryland
- Symonston--- Australian Capital Territory, Australian Capital Territory
- Tampa--- FL, Florida
- Tinker AFB--- OK, Oklahoma
- Tucson--- AZ, Arizona
- United Kingdom-Home Based--- London, London
- Unknown City--- AL, Alabama
- Unknown City--- AZ, Arizona
- Unknown City--- CA, California
- Unknown City--- CT, Connecticut
- Unknown City--- Guam, Guam
- Unknown City--- HI, Hawaii
- Unknown City--- MD, Maryland
- Unknown City--- NH, New Hampshire
- Unknown City--- NJ, New Jersey
- Unknown City--- NY, New York
- Unknown City--- OR, Oregon
- Unknown City--- PA, Pennsylvania
- Unknown City--- TX, Texas
- Unknown City--- UT, Utah
- Unknown City--- VA, Virginia
- Unknown--- VA, Virginia
- Vandenberg AFB--- CA, California
- Ventura--- CA, California
- Walpole--- MA, Massachusetts
- Warner Robins--- GA, Georgia
- Warrenton--- VA, Virginia
- Washington--- DC, District of Columbia
- Whiteman AFB--- MO, Missouri
- Williamtown--- New South Wales, New South Wales
- Woodland Hills--- CA, California
- Wright-Patterson AFB--- OH, Ohio
- Yigo--- Guam, Guam
- Yorktown--- VA, Virginia
- Yuma--- AZ, Arizona