Northrop Grumman (DoD SkillBridge) – Windows/Linux Systems Administrator
Requisition ID: R10048642
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Cincinnati, OH, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
As one of the largest global security companies in the world, Northrop Grumman is proud to help our nation’s military personnel make the transition to civilian careers. Approximately 1/4th of Northrop Grumman’s 90,000 employees self-identify as veterans, and more than 1,600 are reservists.
The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program (NG-MIP) is an approved SkillBridge Program under Dept. of Defense Instruction 1322.29 .The NG-MIP program is an opportunity for transitioning service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through an individual internship during their last 6 months of service, for up to 180 days. The Northrop Grumman Military internship Program is open to all ranks and experience levels. SkillBridge participants are not eligible for compensation from Northrop Grumman, as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as active-duty service members.
Northrop Grumman Corporation (NGC) has developed the Northrop Grumman – Military Internship Program (DoD SKillbridge) utilizing the DoDI guidance for Skillbridge. During this program the service member will be on-site at his or her host company performing an individual internship in an entry to mid-level career type role. The service member will be on the job training supporting a work schedule equivalent to 40hrs per week. Outlined below are the Goals, Objectives, and Outcomes for the program.
Goals – Provide transitioning service members fellowship-style job skills training during the last portion(s) of their military commitment. This program is specifically designed to offer internships that result in the potential to transition to a full-time opportunity as the conclusion of the training. Interns will serve as a pipeline for high-speed, motivated military candidates into NGC.
Objectives - Service Members who complete the Intern program will be highly-trained, capable, future employees that align to the specific needs of the organization and are prepared to meet the NG mission “Defining Possible” on Day 1. This program provides a comprehensive internship experience including professional development, networking with leadership, and training specifically focused on NG leadership principles, company history, customer/stakeholder engagement, product and service overview, and core job responsibilities.
Outcome – Offer transitioning service member a rewarding opportunity to join the Northrop Grumman team.
DoD SkillBridge Eligibility:
Has served at least 180 days on active duty
Is within 12 months of separation or retirement
Will receive an honorable discharge
Has taken any service TAPS/TGPS
Has attended or participated in an ethics brief within the last 12 months
Received Unit Commander (first O-4/Field Grade commander in chain of command) written authorization and approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge Program prior to start of internship.
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Global Operations Secur is seeking a well-qualified Windows/Linux Systems Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Cincinnati area. Roles and responsibilities include:
Perform as primary Windows/Linux System Administrator for a large classified government contract
Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal or external customers, in written and oral format.
Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
Able to support multiple networks. Ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
Analyze internal or external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
Works under minimal direction and independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
Lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
Work after hours and weekends as needed.
Associate's degree and 4 years of experience OR Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience OR Master's and 0 years of experience OR 6 years of related experience in lieu of completed degree
IAM Level I certification (ex: Security+ CE) or greater or ability to obtain with 6 months of start date
Active Top Secret Clearance
Experience managing Windows Server OS and domain architecture
Linux Operating System experience
Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments
Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware in a networked environment
Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP or similar security certification
Windows domain architecture experience
Windows AD, LDAP, VMWare, and knowledge of SAN storage systems
Linux Operating System experience and/or certification for current versions
VMWare experience with current version
Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Winds/Splunk)
Creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment
Experience with Certification & Accreditation process
DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco)
Currently Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- Administrative Services
- Business Development
- Business Management
- Facilities/Real Estate
- Flight Operations
- Global Supply Chain
- Government Relations
- Health & Safety
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Legal and Regulatory
- Manufacturing and Production
- Mission and Quality Assurance
- Program Management
- Research and Sciences
- Technical Support
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia
- Albuquerque--- NM, New Mexico
- Alice Springs--- Northern Territory, Northern Territory
- Amberley--- Queensland, Queensland
- Annapolis Junction--- MD, Maryland
- Annapolis--- MD, Maryland
- Apopka--- FL, Florida
- Aurora--- CO, Colorado
- Australia-Fortitude Valley--- Queensland, Queensland
- Azusa--- CA, California
- Baltimore--- MD, Maryland
- Beale AFB--- CA, California
- Beavercreek--- OH, Ohio
- Belle Chasse--- LA, Louisiana
- Bellevue--- NE, Nebraska
- Beltsville--- MD, Maryland
- Bethpage--- NY, New York
- Bloomington--- MN, Minnesota
- Boulder--- CO, Colorado
- Buckley AFB--- CO, Colorado
- Buffalo--- NY, New York
- Burlington--- MA, Massachusetts
- California--- MD, Maryland
- Camarillo--- CA, California
- Canoga Park--- CA, California
- Cape Canaveral--- FL, Florida
- Chandler--- AZ, Arizona
- Chantilly--- VA, Virginia
- Charlotte--- NC, North Carolina
- Charlottesville--- VA, Virginia
- Cheltenham--- Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire
- Cincinnati--- OH, Ohio
- Clearfield--- UT, Utah
- Colorado Springs--- CO, Colorado
- Commerce--- CA, California
- Corinne--- UT, Utah
- Devens--- MA, Massachusetts
- Dulles--- VA, Virginia
- East Hartford--- CT, Connecticut
- Edinburgh Parks--- South Australia, South Australia
- Edwards AFB--- CA, California
- Eielson AFB--- AK, Alaska
- El Segundo--- CA, California
- Elk River--- MN, Minnesota
- Elkridge--- MD, Maryland
- Elkton--- MD, Maryland
- Emerado--- ND, North Dakota
- Fairbairn--- Australian Capital Territory, Australian Capital Territory
- Fairfax--- VA, Virginia
- Falls Church--- VA, Virginia
- Fort Bliss--- TX, Texas
- Fort Carson--- CO, Colorado
- Fort Gordon--- GA, Georgia
- Fort Greely--- AK, Alaska
- Fort Leavenworth--- KS, Kansas
- Fort Polk--- LA, Louisiana
- Fort Riley--- KS, Kansas
- Fort Sill--- OK, Oklahoma
- Fort Worth--- TX, Texas
- Gilbert--- AZ, Arizona
- Goleta--- CA, California
- Grand Forks AFB--- ND, North Dakota
- Hollywood--- MD, Maryland
- Hopkinton--- MA, Massachusetts
- Houston--- TX, Texas
- Huntsville--- AL, Alabama
- Irving--- TX, Texas
- Iuka--- MS, Mississippi
- Jacksonville--- FL, Florida
- Kennedy Space Center--- FL, Florida
- Kettering--- OH, Ohio
- Kirtland AFB--- NM, New Mexico
- Lake Charles--- LA, Louisiana
- Langley AFB--- VA, Virginia
- Lanham--- MD, Maryland
- Lemoore--- CA, California
- Lincoln--- Lincolnshire, Lincolnshire
- Linthicum--- MD, Maryland
- London--- London, London
- Los Angeles--- CA, California
- Madison--- AL, Alabama
- Magna--- UT, Utah
- Manchester--- Manchester, Manchester
- Manhattan Beach--- CA, California
- Mayport--- FL, Florida
- McClellan--- CA, California
- McLean--- VA, Virginia
- Melbourne--- FL, Florida
- Merritt Island--- FL, Florida
- Mesa--- AZ, Arizona
- Middle River--- MD, Maryland
- Mojave--- CA, California
- Morrisville--- NC, North Carolina
- Moss Point--- MS, Mississippi
- Naval Station Mayport--- FL, Florida
- Nellis AFB--- NV, Nevada
- New Church--- VA, Virginia
- New London--- CT, Connecticut
- New Malden--- London, London
- New Town--- ND, North Dakota
- Northridge--- CA, California
- Ocean Springs--- MS, Mississippi
- Oklahoma City--- OK, Oklahoma
- Orlando--- FL, Florida
- Oxnard--- CA, California
- Palm Beach Gardens--- FL, Florida
- Palmdale--- CA, California
- Panama City--- FL, Florida
- Patuxent River--- MD, Maryland
- Philadelphia--- PA, Pennsylvania
- Pinkenba--- Queensland, Queensland
- Plymouth--- MN, Minnesota
- Point Mugu--- CA, California
- Port Hueneme--- CA, California
- Radford--- VA, Virginia
- Redondo Beach--- CA, California
- Richmond--- New South Wales, New South Wales
- Ridgecrest--- CA, California
- Riyadh--- Riyadh, Riyadh
- Rocket Center--- WV, West Virginia
- Rocklin--- CA, California
- Rolling Meadows--- IL, Illinois
- Roy--- UT, Utah
- Saint Augustine--- FL, Florida
- Saint Charles--- MO, Missouri
- Salt Lake City--- UT, Utah
- San Antonio--- TX, Texas
- San Diego--- CA, California
- San Jose--- CA, California
- Schriever AFB--- CO, Colorado
- Sicily--- Catania, Catania
- Sierra Vista--- AZ, Arizona
- Signal Hill--- CA, California
- Sigonella--- Catania, Catania
- Springfield Central--- Queensland, Queensland
- Stafford--- VA, Virginia
- Sterling--- VA, Virginia
- Stuttgart--- Baden-Wurttemberg, Baden-Wurttemberg
- Suffolk--- VA, Virginia
- Sunnyvale--- CA, California
- Sykesville--- MD, Maryland
- Symonston--- Australian Capital Territory, Australian Capital Territory
- Tampa--- FL, Florida
- Tinker AFB--- OK, Oklahoma
- Tucson--- AZ, Arizona
- United Kingdom-Home Based--- London, London
- Unknown City--- AL, Alabama
- Unknown City--- AZ, Arizona
- Unknown City--- CA, California
- Unknown City--- CT, Connecticut
- Unknown City--- Guam, Guam
- Unknown City--- HI, Hawaii
- Unknown City--- MD, Maryland
- Unknown City--- NH, New Hampshire
- Unknown City--- NJ, New Jersey
- Unknown City--- NY, New York
- Unknown City--- OR, Oregon
- Unknown City--- PA, Pennsylvania
- Unknown City--- TX, Texas
- Unknown City--- UT, Utah
- Unknown City--- VA, Virginia
- Unknown--- VA, Virginia
- Vandenberg AFB--- CA, California
- Ventura--- CA, California
- Walpole--- MA, Massachusetts
- Warner Robins--- GA, Georgia
- Warrenton--- VA, Virginia
- Washington--- DC, District of Columbia
- Whiteman AFB--- MO, Missouri
- Williamtown--- New South Wales, New South Wales
- Woodland Hills--- CA, California
- Wright-Patterson AFB--- OH, Ohio
- Yigo--- Guam, Guam
- Yorktown--- VA, Virginia
- Yuma--- AZ, Arizona