Production Program Manager 3
Requisition ID: R10106441
- Category: Program Management
- Location: Northridge, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman’s Defense Systems sector is looking for Program Manager 3 within the Advanced Weapons Business Unit, located in Northridge, CA. The Program Manager will work with a high performing team on the Advanced Anti-Radiation Guided Missile (AARGM) Production portfolio.
The primary objective will be the delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving all technical requirements and creating customer intimacy to support value creation strategies and actions. The individual will lead a cross-functional organization aligned to common program performance goals.
Program Managers are responsible for leading all phases of the program life cycle from inception (proposal development) through startup, execution, and completion (contract closeout).
- Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs of major programs, including periodic estimates at completion (EACs)
- Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program gate review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance
- Effectively communicate progress to customers, senior leadership and companywide audiences
- Participates in the negotiation of contracts and contract change management
- Establishes program milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules
- Identifies program problems and determines solutions, including the creation and execution of return-to-green (RTG) plans
- Establishes and manages program risks and opportunities
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, capture plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract
- Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer
- Coordinates staffing resource and facility needs with functional areas for programs within their program portfolio
- Establishing a program organization that effectively addresses customer requirements and incorporates the necessary internal and external sub-organizations
- Leading and directing cross-functional teams to meet program cost, schedule and technical performance objectives
- Measuring and reporting program performance
- Delivering presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
- Participating in the negotiation of contracts, contract changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones, and key terms and conditions.
- Identification, distribution, tracking, and completion of program requirements
- Identifying, allocating and managing program resources, including workforce planning
- Managing Government/customer supplied property or information (GFE, CFE, etc.)
- Managing suppliers to meet program objectives.
- Adherence to all internal processes, policies, and applicable industry standards
- Ensuring program team understands and adheres to contract scope, and manages change through control board activities
- Development and adherence to master plans and schedules
- Position requires a minimum of 14 years of experience. Would consider a Bachelor’s Degree with 10 years of experience, Masters with 8 and PHD with 6 years of experience.
- 5 years of experience leading the performance of tasks on schedule, at cost and achieving all requirements as project lead, integrated program team or cost account manager
- 5 years of demonstrated success leading teams/and or organizations to achieve a common goal
- Secret security clearance required, or ability to obtain
- Relevant contract type experience including FFP, CPFF, etc
- Experience working programs as the Prime Contractor
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.