Sonoma Photonics, Inc.
A leading provider of advanced thin film technologies and products for mission critical applications.
About Sonoma Photonics
Sonoma Photonics, Inc. (SPI) is a leading provider of advanced thin film technologies and products for mission critical applications. We develop and manufacture high precision optical and RF products, materials, and deposition systems to solve our customer’s most challenging problems. Sonoma Photonics Advanced Magnetron and Plasma Beam Sputtering processes produce dense, durable, high-performance thin film coatings with spectral requirements from 0.19μm to 6μm.
Sonoma Photonics differentiates itself from several thin film suppliers by the following attributes:
- Heritage aerospace supplier
- Space qualified materials / coatings / processes
- Advanced optical materials development
- Lithography and Patterned Filter development
- Ferromagnetics & Ferrimagnetics material development
- Flexible Resistive coatings and FSS products
- Roll to Roll Coating and Large area Web Coating
- Ability to take products from R&D to production
- Fully equipped metrology and reliability lab
- AS9100 Quality Management System (QMS) certified
Heritage Satellite Program Participation
Sonoma Photonics has provided optical payload support for multiple satellite programs.
Founded in 2000 and acquired by Northrop Grumman in 2009, SPI has vast expertise and proven success in developing and providing superior thin film products to our aerospace, military, and commercial customers. Our high-precision coating capabilities span the Optical & Infra-Red (UV, VIS, NIR, SWIR, MWIR, and LWIR), and the RF spectral wavelengths to meet a vast range of applications and system needs. Utilizing advanced plasma beam and magnetron sputtering deposition techniques, SPI manufactures precision optical filters, mirror coatings, and large area magnetic and resistive films.
SPI is located in Santa Rosa, California, in the heart of wine and craft beer country. Our footprint includes 50,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing space, cleanrooms and metrology.