AQS-24B Minehunting System
High Performance Sonar System
Northrop Grumman has three decades of in-fleet airborne mine countermeasure experience with 27 systems fielded. The company was the first to field electro-optic mine identification, and developed the first long-range synthetic aperture sonar for mine warfare, the first mine warfare unmanned surface vessel (jointly with the Naval Undersea Warfare Center) and mine warfare unmanned underwater vehicles. The AQS-24B has significantly improved image resolution, as well as the speed of real-time sonar processing.
Northrop Grumman was the first to field electro-optic mine identification and developed the first long-range synthetic aperture sonar for mine warfare, the first mine warfare unmanned surface vessel (jointly with the Naval Undersea Warfare Center) and mine warfare unmanned underwater vehicles.
The AQS-24B has significantly improved image resolution and real-time sonar processing.
Designed to Meet Current and Future Minehunting Challenges
- The only deployed and operationally proven high-speed airborne mine detection system in the world.
- High-resolution, side-scan sonar for real-time detection, localization and classification of bottom and moored mines at high area coverage rates.
- Laser line scanner provides precision optical identification of underwater mines and other objects of interest.
- Simultaneous operation of laser with sonar provides gap-filling capability and tactically advanced Target Detect and Target ID modes.
- Thousands of tow hours logged from a variety of platforms.
- High-speed (18 Knot) operation.
- Object detection and classification.
- Target box cuing.
Laser Line Scanner
- High-speed operation.
- Optical imagery for target I.D.
- Field proven/COTS based.
AQS-24B Minehunting System Videos
In the News
Northrop Grumman Begins Delivery of AQS-24C Mine Hunting System Upgrades
Northrop Grumman Successfully Tests AQS-24 Deep Tow
Northrop Grumman Successfully Completes Initial In-Water Testing of the AQS-24 Mine Hunting Sonar Using a Next Generation Deploy and Retrieval Payload
Components of Northrop Grumman’s AQS-24B Minehunting System Being Manufactured in Australia
Service and Support