UK Industry Placement
UK 12-month Industry Placement
Our 12-month industry placement schemes will allow you to experience different projects and develop your skills and interests. You will have a strong support network with a mentor, project lead, line manager and the early careers development manager. At the start of the scheme, you will have a one-week induction followed by structured training which will fully prepare you for customer projects.
You will have allocated time to develop your technical skills, building your leadership capability and to innovate. You will also complete a project, which you will present to the senior leadership team towards the end of your placement. Your development plan, which will be specific to you and agreed with your line manager, will include opportunities for you to gain experience in the various disciplines relevant to your role.
Due to the nature of our work, it is necessary to attain security clearance in order to work on our programmes. We will discuss this with you in more detail during the recruitment process.
For top performers, there is the opportunity to secure a place on our Graduate Programme.
What do you need to be a Placement Student at Northrop Grumman?
- We are looking for talented people who will complete a relevant degree
- Analytical skills and logical reasoning are essential with the ability to solve problems in innovative ways
- You must be able to work to delivery requirements within reasonably agreed timeframes and demonstrate the potential to work through projects to their conclusion
- Ability to attain a security clearance relevant to your role
Detailed role requirements are provided on the job specifications
- Submit an online application and respond to questions, which will assess your motivation for Northrop Grumman and self-awareness.
- Successful applicants will offered a virtual interview
- The final stage of the recruitment process will include a further virtual interview and presentation with the hiring managers.
Northrop Grumman UK promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. Should you require any support or adjustments in relation to the recruitment process or interview, please advise us as soon as possible so that we can make arrangements.
As well as a range of competitive financial and non-financial benefits that you would expect from a leading organisation, we also offer:
- Salary of £21K
- Compressed working hours
- Exciting customer project work
- An Engineering development programme covering a range of technical disciplines
- Exposure to a variety of work that will allow you to follow your interests and shape your career
- Employability skills training
- For top performers, an offer of a place on our Graduate Programme
Start date: 18th September 2023
To find out more information e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org