About Our UK Graduate Programme
About our UK Graduate Programme
Our two-year graduate programme will allow you to experience different projects and develop your skills and interests.
You will have a strong support network with a mentor, buddy, project lead, line manager and the early careers development manager. At the start of the programme, you will have a one-week induction followed by structured training which will fully prepare you for customer projects.
You will have allocated time to develop your technical skills, building your leadership capability and to innovate.
To provide greater opportunity for learning and development, there will be the opportunity for a rotation across site, department and/or project, which could see you placed in a different Northrop Grumman UK location. Please bear this in mind and consider your ability to be flexible regarding location.
Your development plan, which will be specific to you and agreed with your line manager, will include opportunities for you to gain experience in the various disciplines relevant to your role.
Due to the nature of our work, it is necessary to attain security clearance in order to work on our programmes. We will discuss this with you in more detail during the recruitment process.
For top performers, there is the potential to progress to senior engineer shortly after completion of the Graduate Programme
What do you need to be a Graduate at Northrop Grumman?
- We are looking for talented people who have/will complete a relevant degree or master’s
- Analytical skills and logical reasoning are essential with the ability to solve problems in innovative ways
- You must be able to work to delivery requirements within reasonably agreed timeframes and demonstrate the potential to work through projects to their conclusion
- Evidence of leading people, teams or activities would be desirable although not essential
- Ability to attain a security clearance relevant to your role
Detailed role requirements are provided on the job specifications.
- Initially, you will be required to submit an online application.
- You will be asked to respond to questions, which will assess your motivation for Northrop Grumman and self-awareness.
If you are successful
You may be asked to complete a technical assessment (dependent on technical discipline of the Graduate role) Interview: If shortlisted for interview, a member of the Northrop Grumman Talent Acquisition team will contact you. This will be a 30-minute virtual interview to discuss your skills and motivation and an opportunity for you to ask questions about the Graduate scheme and the role applied for.
Virtual Assessment Centre
If you progress past the interview stage, you will be invited to attend a final stage virtual assessment centre. We will provide an overview of Northrop Grumman and the Graduate scheme as well as introduce key members of staff. The day will also allow you to network and ask questions.
The assessment day will include a 60 minute behavioural interview (including a 10 minute presentation) and group exercise.
Following the assessment day, the Northrop Grumman team will consider your application, assessment, formal interview and presentation. The Talent Acquisition team will contact you and to advise if we wish to offer you a place on the Graduate scheme. If unsuccessful, you will be offered feedback.
Should you require support or adjustments regarding any health, accessibility or disability to participate in the recruitment process, please advise us as soon as possible so t we can make arrangements.
- As well as a range of competitive financial and non-financial benefits, you would expect from a leading organisation, we also offer:
- Starting salary of £30K
- A permanent contract from day one
- Compressed working hours
- Salary increases every six months (c£2.5K)
- Exciting customer project work
- An Engineering development programme covering a range of technical disciplines
- Exposure to a variety of work that will allow you to follow your interests and shape your career
- For top performers, there is the potential to progress to senior engineer shortly after completion of the Graduate Programme
Start date: 27th March 2023 (March intake)
Start date: 11th September 2023 (September intake)
To find out more information e-mail: email@example.com