Graduate Verification and Validation – Defence
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history
£30,000 starting salary with performance increments of around £2,500 every six months
Security Clearance (SC). Before you start with Northrop Grumman, you’ll need to complete BPSS clearance. This usually takes up to three weeks. We’ll then require you to attain Security Check (SC) clearance. Achieving SC clearance is a rigorous process. It means that we need applicants to be British citizens, to have lived in the UK and not have travelled abroad for over 6 months in the last five years. SC vetting will look into you, your previous roles, criminal records and
financial history. You will need to have the right to work and live in the UK indefinitely, we are not able to support visa applications as part of this recruitment.
Burlington House, New Malden Kingston-Upon-Thames, London
About Your Opportunity
The Graduate V&V engineer will report to a V&V Team Lead and conduct assigned V&V tasks including: planning, conduct and reporting in order to prove our products compliance to their associated requirements. You will gain work experience within a number of multi-disciplined project teams under direction of the project delivery management and V&V leadership to effectively and efficiently deliver the assigned V&V activities. Implementing V&V will bring you into contact with numerous stakeholders and we champion the ability to assure our customers through delivery of an evidence-based approach.
We are a growing team of V&V engineers and our matrix structure promotes collaboration, learning from each other and opportunities within NGUK. Within the team each V&V engineer will become more skilled and practiced in the application of different methodologies, tools and practices to quantify an understanding of a capability of the associated system; then applying concepts to provide progressive assurance and aid the success of technical delivery
Essential Skills and Experience
- Engineering Degree or in a suitable related discipline e.g. Electronics, C&I engineering, Systems engineering.
- Systems/equipment test experience
- Experience using laboratory test tools (multi meter, oscilloscope, logic analyser etc.)
- Self-starter, to assign and execute a variety of project functions efficiently and professionally
- Proficient user of MS office applications, Word, Excel etc.
Supporting the conduct of V&V activities applicable to the Project to the level of Quality expected by
the V&V and Project management, including:
- Design Estimate compilation,
- Systems/Software integration & acceptance testing,
- Requirements compilation,
- E&EMC test activities,
- Compilation and issue of management plans, processes and metrics
- Control Account Management activities as required by the Project/Delivery management,
- Project Design & Risk reviews,
- Fault/Issue reporting
- Regular reporting to NG Management and Project teams
Conduct V&V activities in compliance with approved management plans, using approved methods,
competent personnel, effective delivery systems and processe
- Flexible working schedules – Many of our teams work flexibly and depending on the project, you may work from the office, home or on a hybrid model. We are passionate about creating an environment where people can develop and grow, follow their interests and be the best version of themselves. And in order to do this, you will need to be based near one of our locations. We also offer condensed hours and flexible working.
- Flexible Benefits Package – choose which NGUKL benefits you want to satisfy your personal needs. Core Benefits provided for you are Healthcare, Dental, Life Assurance and Pension. Benefits you can flex include Critical Illness Cover, Health Cash Plan, and Health Assessments.
- Employee Incentive Programme – exceptional performance is recognized through our annual incentive programme which is awarded to top performers who excel
- Career Development – opportunity for ongoing professional development and career growth opportunities.
How to Apply
Our UK Talent Hub Team is a partnership with Talent Solutions. This team will manage your application on our behalf. You will be directed to an online application where you will need to create an account, tell us a bit about yourself and also complete three personal statements. Our team will then be in touch to update you of the outcome and next steps for successful candidates. If you would like to talk to us, require any help, support or assistance throughout the process please email us at: email@example.com and one of the team will be in touch.
Northrop Grumman UK
Work with a global brand that makes a real contribution to our nation’s security and future. At Northrop Grumman UK, the brightest minds come together to push the boundaries and Define Possible. As leaders in the digital transformation of Aerospace, Defence and Intelligence we are providing ground-breaking outcomes for our customers.
Our UK Defence business is a Sovereign software and systems centre of excellence. As well as developing and supporting UK wide and internationally deployed multi-domain command and control systems, our work is critical to the modern backbone of the Royal Navy. We pioneer – with fierce curiosity, dedication, and innovation, we seek to solve the world’s most challenging problems.
Our customers operate in unique environments which offer new and exciting challenges every day, cultivating a place where you can learn and thrive, working alongside the best minds in industry. We’ll give you space to develop your career, where your ideas can shape the future of our dynamic business.
We promote collaboration to achieve more than we could imagine, together. And within a respectful and inspirational environment, we value what you say and do.
“I am passionate about creating an environment where people can develop and grow, follow their interests and be the best version of themselves.”
Andrew Nelson, Early Career Development Manager @ Northrop Grumman UK