Northrop Grumman in the UK
The UK is an important market for the company as a supplier base and a source for technology partners and Northrop Grumman’s UK entities represent a major component of the company’s global business portfolio outside of the US.
Northrop Grumman operates from sites across the UK and have facilities in Fareham, Coventry, Cheltenham, Chester, Hendon, Market Deeping, New Malden as well as at RAF Waddington, and sustain employment for more than 5,000 people in the many SMEs and other companies with whom we work as partners in the supply chain.
We maintain a strong focus on export business, an area important to our success, with sales into overseas markets from Northrop Grumman’s UK entities accounting for more than 60% of our UK businesses.
Northrop Grumman is an industry leader in all aspects of computer network operations and cyber security and is at the forefront of the challenge to find innovative solutions that can effectively defend networks and offer protection across the entire cyber domain.
Current Activities in the UK
- E-3D Sentry AWACS — Whole life support for the RAF's fleet of E-3D Sentry airborne warning and control system (AWACS) aircraft based at RAF Waddington.
- DIRCM — Supply, maintenance and repair (in strategic partnership with Selex) of Directional Infrared Countermeasure (DIRCM) systems installed on a range of RAF aircraft types.
- LAIRCM Support — In-service support for Large Aircraft Infrared Countermeasures (LAIRCM) that protect large fixed-wing transport and other aircraft.
- CUTLASS — Development and manufacture of next-generation unmanned ground vehicles for Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD).
- IDENT 1 — Core systems integration and provision of the IDENT 1 biometric identification service for the police.
- London Ambulance — Design, development and implementation of the computer-aided dispatch (CAD) system for the London Ambulance Service to handle emergency calls and ambulance movements.
- Metropolitan Police — Providing CommandPoint™ application as the core solution for command-and-control requirements for the Metropolitan Police.
- Air Traffic Management — Air traffic control voice communications and nationwide ground-to-air communications system for airports and air traffic service providers around the world.
- NATO Command-and-Control Systems — Hardware and software support to NATO C3 Agency for the Maritime Command and Control Information System (MCCIS) installed in NATO maritime headquarters.
- C4I — Command and Control for PC (C2PC) and Interoperable C4I Services (ICS) used in 40 countries with 100,000 users. User interface/core functionality for MoD's Joint Operations Command System (JOCS) and Royal Navy Command Support System (RNCSS).
- Cybersecurity — Partner with BT on developing a cybersecurity test range under the Technology Strategy Board-funded SATURN research programme. Northrop Grumman will build the cyber test range at its Fareham facility.
Nick Chaffey, Chief Executive in the U.K. and Europe, Northrop Grumman Corporation
Nick Chaffey is the chief executive for Northrop Grumman in the U.K. and Europe. In this position he supports the company's current programmes, develops strategies for growth and identifies new business opportunities for the company's activities in the U.K. and Europe, including NATO countries. Chaffey has more than 25 years of experience in the defence and security industry. He joined Northrop Grumman from PA Consulting Group where he was the founder and lead for PA’s Global Defence and Security Business, and previously the Global Head of Consulting Services. Prior to that he spent six years in the Royal Corps of Naval Constructors at the Ministry of Defence.
Northrop Grumman Demonstrates Expertise as a Mission Solutions Provider at DSEI
Northrop Grumman and Leonardo to Update Italian Airspace
Northrop Grumman Foundation Sponsors Students and Teachers From Six Countries to Attend Space Camp®
Northrop Grumman to Supply Australia With Specialised T6 Radios for Air Traffic Communication Expansion
Northrop Grumman Sponsors 2019 CyberCenturion Competition in London