Northrop Grumman in the UK
The UK is an important market for the company as a supplier base and a source for technology partners with Northrop Grumman’s UK entities representing a major component of the company’s global business portfolio outside of the US.
Northrop Grumman operates from a number of sites across the UK with as well as at RAF Waddington, and sustains employment for more than 5,000 people in the many SMEs and other companies with whom we work as partners in the supply chain.
We maintain a strong focus on export business, an area important to our success, with sales into overseas markets from Northrop Grumman’s UK entities accounting for more than 60% of our UK businesses.
Northrop Grumman is an industry leader in all aspects of computer network operations and cyber security and is at the forefront of the challenge to find innovative solutions that can effectively defend networks and offer protection across the entire cyber domain.
Current Activities in the UK
- E-3D Sentry AWACS — Whole life support for the RAF's fleet of E-3D Sentry airborne warning and control system (AWACS) aircraft based at RAF Waddington.
- DIRCM — Supply, maintenance and repair (in strategic partnership with Selex) of Directional Infrared Countermeasure (DIRCM) systems installed on a range of RAF aircraft types.
- LAIRCM Support — In-service support for Large Aircraft Infrared Countermeasures (LAIRCM) that protect large fixed-wing transport and other aircraft.
- Air Traffic Management — supplying communication systems for airspace operations worldwide with ground-to-air communication solution installations in over 180 countries.
- NATO – Delivery, maintenance and support for the Maritime Command and Control Information System (MCCIS) to NATO and national headquarters.
- Cybersecurity — the UK Research and Innovation funded SATURN research programme has delivered significant breakthroughs in the areas of data gathering, integration, data fusion, and visualisation. It is based on novel Artificial Intelligence guided search and adaptive visualisation techniques, and technologies and is being developed to help analyse and visualise cyber attacks in British Telecommmunications’ clients’ networks and ICT systems.
Nick Chaffey, Chief Executive in the U.K. and Europe, Northrop Grumman Corporation
Nick Chaffey is the chief executive for Northrop Grumman in the U.K. and Europe. In this position he supports the company's current programmes, develops strategies for growth and identifies new business opportunities for the company's activities in the U.K. and Europe, including NATO countries. Chaffey has more than 25 years of experience in the defence and security industry. He joined Northrop Grumman from PA Consulting Group where he was the founder and lead for PA’s Global Defence and Security Business, and previously the Global Head of Consulting Services. Prior to that he spent six years in the Royal Corps of Naval Constructors at the Ministry of Defence.
Northrop Grumman Demonstrates Expertise as a Mission Solutions Provider at DSEI
Northrop Grumman and Leonardo to Update Italian Airspace
Northrop Grumman Foundation Sponsors Students and Teachers From Six Countries to Attend Space Camp®
Northrop Grumman to Supply Australia With Specialised T6 Radios for Air Traffic Communication Expansion
Northrop Grumman Sponsors 2019 CyberCenturion Competition in London