Create a Social Media Presence to Attract and Retain
93% of recruiters use social media to research and recruit candidates. LinkedIn is proven to be the most successful social media channel to attract top professional talent.
It’s a competitive environment and we must differentiate our company from the competition to fill our positions. A strong presence on social media platforms is the best strategy. The information on this site provides Talent Acquisition (TA) personnel instructions, images, and content ideas to reinforce the Northrop Grumman brand, showcase our accomplishments, and build your network of contacts to reach both passive and active prospects.
How to Post
Rules of Engagement
Remember, you are responsible for your content posted on social media platforms. Navigate potential pitfalls by knowing what you can and cannot do when referring to Northrop Grumman as an employee.
- You are an ambassador of #DefiningPossible.
- Convey inspiration and impart information.
- Participate in positive online dialogue.
- Share recent company posts, updates, events, press releases and employee stories.
Act with Intention
- Use your best judgement.
- If information or data is marked proprietary, restricted, or classified do not post.
- Clarify your opinions are your own and not speaking on behalf of Northrop Grumman. You may speak for yourself, but actions reflect upon the company.
- Resolve mistakes quickly.
- Ignore argumentative followers, strangers, trolls, and suspicious users.
- Respect competitors, customers, suppliers, and co-workers.
Know our Policies
- Stay updated on evolving social media guidelines.
- Protect our data. Be familiar with these policies: Employee and External Communications CP A6, External and Brand Communications procedure CO A702, and Company and Third-Party Information CO J300.
- Northrop Grumman’s brand has meaning and value in the marketplace, and every employee has responsibility to properly represent the brand and the company in external and internal communications.
Northrop Grumman does not tolerate employee language or other misconduct identified as racist, sexist, or otherwise discriminatory; is bullying or hateful; contributes to an atmosphere of a hostile work environment; and/or threatens, supports, or incites violence or other malicious, abusive, or criminal misconduct. The company takes this seriously and promptly investigates reports of such conduct. Appropriate action is taken against employees who violate this policy. Employees engaging in communications must act with integrity and in a manner consistent with our values, policies, and Standards of Business Conduct.
- Never alter Northrop Grumman images, graphics, or logos. Do not create your own imagery asset. Only use the pre-approved visuals located on this site.
- Don’t comment, engage, or get involved in legal matters related to the company.
- Report a potential social media-related crisis or instance of harassment and bullying.
- When in doubt, ask.