Northrop Grumman is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for our employees, contractors, visitors and communities; to environmental sustainability and ensuring our operations are conducted in an environmentally responsible manner; and to conducting all business activities in accordance with applicable legal requirements and company-established goals. Northrop Grumman's environmental, health and safety (EHS) policy outlines the key activities and processes we employ to maintain strong EHS programs within our operations. The key elements of Northrop Grumman's EHS policy are summarized below:
- Comply with applicable EHS legal requirements.
- Prevent employee injuries and illness by implementing effective programs and practices.
- Minimize environmental impacts by reducing waste generation, minimizing water consumption and reducing GHG emissions.
- Provide EHS training and awareness campaigns.
- Include EHS requirements and environmental sustainability practices in business decisions.
- Conduct EHS audits that focus on best practices that promote sharing and continual improvement across the enterprise.
In addition, as part of our corporate responsibility efforts, we are aligning our business with environmental sustainability practices, embracing green initiatives and translating our values into measurable actions. We aim to become a more sustainable business by measuring impact; encouraging conservation at home, in the workplace and in the community; and supporting environmentally friendly businesses and initiatives.
Our efforts extend into the community with the Northrop Grumman Foundation ECO Classroom program, designed to equip teachers so they can inspire students to pursue science and technical careers and become our next generation of environmental stewards and innovators. Additionally, the company has established a pilot program for greeNG Employee Resource Groups. These groups allow employees to actively contribute to the implementation of greeNG — a broad enterprise initiative that renews the company's commitment to enhancing the environment.
Browse this website to learn more about Northrop Grumman's current and future green commitments.
Northrop Grumman Environmental Playlist