Giving Warfighters the Edge in Speed
We deliver speed in decision making and delivery. Adversaries have evolved, and they are much more sophisticated in both tactics and weaponry. Northrop Grumman invests in rapid research and development to pioneer weapons that warfighters need to support their current and future fights.
Northrop Grumman’s digital engineering tools and streamlined manufacturing techniques support evaluating weapon variants and inform design alternatives at the warfighter campaign level quickly. We act with speed to get weapons into the hands of our warfighters sooner.
Our C-UAS capabilities use machine learning and artificial intelligence to more quickly identify targets. This helps warfighters make faster decisions by relieving the cognitive load on the crew…they don’t have to think through every scenario on the battlefield.
Speed on the Battlefield: Scramjets/Ramjets
Scramjet engines use high vehicle speed to forcibly compress incoming air before combustion to enable sustained flight at hypersonic speeds. Such speeds reduce flight times and increase weapon survivability, effectiveness and flexibility.
- Air Force to Turn Navy Air Defense Busting Missile Into High Speed Critical Strike Weapon
- Raytheon, Northrop Grumman Sign Teaming Agreement on Scramjet-Powered Tactical Missile Systems
- IBCS Successfully Engages Advanced Tactical Ballistic Missile and Cruise Missile During Rigorous Test
- Counter Unmanned Aerial Systems (C-UAS)
M-ACE Mobile – Acquisition, Cueing and Effector System
- How do you test hypersonic systems?
- Propulsion Control Systems Keep Their Cool With New Aerospace Technology