"Northrop Grumman offers a number of opportunities and they are willing to invest in your career journey."
Early Careers at Northrop Grumman in the UK
UK Graduate or 12-month Internship Programmes
Applications are Open
Start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman UK. As a Graduate or Intern, you can choose to specialise in a range of disciplines including software engineering, project management, systems engineering and control software engineering. You will complete a one-week induction, followed by a structured training programme to equip you with the skills and knowledge to start working on our customer projects.
Our two-year graduate programme will allow participants to experience different projects and develop their skills and interests. Time is allocated for developing technical skills, to innovate and build leadership capability. Our Graduate Programme starts in September each year.
Participants are well supported with a mentor, buddy, project lead, line manager and the early careers development manager. At the start of the programme, participants will have an induction followed by structured training to prepare them for customer projects.
Applications for our September 2024 entry Graduate Programmes are open. Apply for your chosen Graduate position below:
- Software Engineering Graduate position Manchester (PDF Job Description)
- Software Engineering Graduate position Cheltenham (PDF Job Description)
- Software Engineering Graduate Position London (New Malden) (PDF Job Description)
- Systems Engineering Graduate position London (New Malden) (PDF Job Description)
- Control Systems Engineering Graduate position London (New Malden) (PDF Job Description)
- Project Manager Graduate position Cheltenham (PDF Job Description)
- Project Manager Graduate position London (New Malden) (PDF Job Description)
- Hardware Engineering Graduate position London (New Malden) (PDF Job Description)
- Verification and Validation Engineering Graduate position London (New Malden) (PDF Job Description)
- September 2024 Entry
- Opportunities in Cheltenham, Manchester and London (New Malden)
- Applications are now open
- Closing date: Wednesday 31st January 2024
- Assessment centres between: Tuesday 6th February and Thursday 7th March 2024
- Programme start date: Monday 9th September 2024
Our Internship Programme (12-month placement) offer a fantastic opportunity to gain business exposure and apply new skills to customer projects. Our 12-Month Placement Scheme starts in September each year.
During the placement, participants will have a blend of on-the-job learning and specialist training to develop technical, leadership and soft skills. It has been designed to provide a ‘real life’ experience of working in a project-orientated environment and an insight into Engineering.
This is a great opportunity to gain experience in a chosen specialism and support the delivery of key Defence projects.
Applications for our September 2024 entry Internship Programmes are open. Apply for your chosen Internship position below:
- Software Engineering Internship in Cheltenham (PDF Job Description)
- Software Engineering Internship in London (Central) (PDF Job Description)
- Systems Engineering Internship London (New Malden) (PDF Job Description)
- Project Management Internship London (New Malden) (PDF Job Description)
- Hardware Engineering Internship London (New Malden) (PDF Job Description)
- Verification and Validation Engineering Internship London (New Malden) (PDF Job Description)
- September 2024 Entry
- Opportunities in Cheltenham and London (Central and New Malden)
- Applications are Now Open
- Closing date for applications: Monday 11th December 2023
- Assessment days : Friday 19th January and Friday 2nd February 2024
- Start date:Monday 16th September 2024
Northrop Grumman Brand
Meet Our Grads and Industry Placement Students
Meet James, a Computer and Cybersecurity Intern
Meet Oliver, a Graduate Software Engineer
"If you are considering joining the Northrop Grumman Graduate scheme, don’t think about it, just do it! It is honestly amazing."
Meet Benjamin, a Graduate Software Engineer
"A great chance to expand your contacts within industry, expand on the interests you have and enjoy the uniqueness that the Graduate Programme provides."
Meet Martin, a Cyber and Computing Security Graduate
"If you want to solve issues, work with a fabulous team and have the opportunity to learn new skills every day, come and join, you won’t regret it!"
Meet Gareth, a Cyber Research Intern
"After the internship, I am returning to university for my final year after which I will be joining the Northrop Grumman graduate scheme."
Meet Harry, a Graduate Software Engineer
"Being able to work in a sector that produces new technology in a role I’ve wanted to pursue from a young age was something that greatly excited me."
Meet James, a Graduate Software Engineer
"I was excited by the opportunities and possibilities of the company, there are very few places where you can experience this kind of work."
Meet Nintsemon, a Graduate Systems Engineer
I chose to apply to Northrop Grumman because of the amount of diversity in the company.
Meet Satoshi, a Graduate Software Engineer
"This is a company with a rich history that continues to lead in technological innovation and impacts people's lives globally."
Meet Jacob, a Graduate Software Engineer
"I chose Northrup Grumman largely due to the values the company upheld while also being a part of interesting and meaningful work."
Start Defining Possible at Northrop Grumman
Our Early Careers programmes are the future of our organisation and we are committed to ensuring that your experience here is the best it can be, with exposure to a variety of stimulating work alongside training and development that will help you to shape your career.
When I joined Northrop Grumman in the UK, I found an extremely friendly, inclusive and collaborative organisation with people who are more than willing to answer my questions and committed to delivering for our customers, working hard to drive our business forwards. We work to make the UK safer through both our Defence and Cyber and Intelligence businesses. We offer our early careers joiners the opportunity to explore the latest technologies and overcome some of the most complex engineering challenges in the world.
As a final note, it’s not all about the work we do, but how we maintain our great culture. I particularly love what we stand for here and our values define how we work together and deliver for our customers. Be sure to check out our Employee Resource Groups and our STEM outreach activities, and get involved wherever you can. You may be surprised as to where these opportunities can lead you and the people that you will meet along the way.
Katharine Sealy, Managing Director of National Security Solutions, Northrop Grumman UK
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe that creating a team and a workplace that values diversity and fosters inclusion is pivotal to promoting innovation and increasing productivity and profitability. Our goal is to continually support and nurture the large number of Northrop Grumman employees whose backgrounds, characteristics and perspectives are as diverse at the global communities in which we reside.Find out more
Ethics and Business Conduct
Doing what is right because it is the right thing to do is the foundation of Northrop Grumman’s business culture. The reputation that our Company has earned for high legal and ethical standards is one of our greatest business assets. Our goal has never been solely to comply with the law, but to abide by the highest principles of integrity and concern for others.Find out more