Graduate Project Manager - Defence
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history
£30,000 starting salary with performance increments of around £2,500 every six months
Security Clearance (SC). Before you start with Northrop Grumman, you’ll need to complete BPSS clearance. This usually takes up to three weeks. We’ll then require you to attain Security Check (SC) clearance. Achieving SC clearance is a rigorous process. It means that we need applicants to be British citizens, to have lived in the UK and not have travelled abroad for over 6 months in the last five years. SC vetting will look into you, your previous roles, criminal records and
financial history. You will need to have the right to work and live in the UK indefinitely, we are not able to support visa applications as part of this recruitment.
Burlington House, New Malden Kingston-Upon-Thames, London
About Your Opportunity
We work with customers to create software centric capabilities that allow them to execute their mission with success. We are leaders in marine navigation systems, integrated platform management systems, and maritime command and control applications. This role supports the Programme Manager and Project Managers in the delivery of Defence projects.
We own the delivery of results, focused on quality outcomes. Our multi-disciplined and diverse matrix structure promotes collaboration and opportunity to learn from others. We are proud of our quality of work.
Our Early Careers programmes are the lifeblood of our organisation and we are committed to ensuring exposure to a variety of stimulating work alongside training and development that will help you to shape your career. For top performers, you will receive an offer of a place on our graduate programme.
Essential Skills and Experience
- On track to achieve a degree in a Project Management or Engineering subject
- Familiarity with basic project management tools e.g. Microsoft Project
- Experience as part of a project delivery team – this could be in project teams at University
- Understanding of project management methodology
- Adept at problem-solving, able to develop solutions to a variety of problems
- Support and work alongside the PM team in the organisation and management of the cross-discipline, matrixed project teams
- Support the PM teams in meeting schedule and cost targets as defined in the master schedule and in accordance with contracted KPIs
- Work with the Programme and Project Manager to ensure the smooth running of customer meetings and periodic reviews
- Ensure the project delivery team is responsive to customer needs
- Provide the Programme and Project Managers with status reports on key Programme activities in accordance with the project drumbeat.
- Flexible working schedules - Many of our teams work flexibly and depending on the project, you may work from the office, home or on a hybrid model. We are passionate about creating an environment where people can develop and grow, follow their interests and be the best version of themselves. And in order to do this, you will need to be based near one of our locations. We also offer condensed hours and flexible working.
- Flexible Benefits Package – choose which NGUKL benefits you want to satisfy your personal needs. Core Benefits provided for you are Healthcare, Dental, Life Assurance and Pension. Benefits you can flex include Critical Illness Cover, Health Cash Plan, and Health Assessments.
- Employee Incentive Programme – exceptional performance is recognized through our annual incentive programme which is awarded to top performers who excel
- Career Development – opportunity for ongoing professional development and career growth opportunities.
How to Apply
Our UK Talent Hub Team is a partnership with Talent Solutions. This team will manage your application on our behalf. You will be directed to an online application where you will need to create an account, tell us a bit about yourself and also complete three personal statements. Our team will then be in touch to update you of the outcome and next steps for successful candidates. If you would like to talk to us, require any help, support or assistance throughout the process please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the team will be in touch.
Northrop Grumman UK
Work with a global brand that makes a real contribution to our nation’s security and future. At Northrop Grumman UK, the brightest minds come together to push the boundaries and Define Possible. As leaders in the digital transformation of Aerospace, Defence and Intelligence we are providing ground-breaking outcomes for our customers.
Our UK Defence business is a Sovereign software and systems centre of excellence. As well as developing and supporting UK wide and internationally deployed multi-domain command and control systems, our work is critical to the modern backbone of the Royal Navy. We pioneer – with fierce curiosity, dedication, and innovation, we seek to solve the world’s most challenging problems.
Our customers operate in unique environments which offer new and exciting challenges every day, cultivating a place where you can learn and thrive, working alongside the best minds in industry. We’ll give you space to develop your career, where your ideas can shape the future of our dynamic business.
We promote collaboration to achieve more than we could imagine, together. And within a respectful and inspirational environment, we value what you say and do.
"I am passionate about creating an environment where people can develop and grow, follow their interests and be the best version of themselves."
Andrew Nelson, Early Career Development Manager @ Northrop Grumman UK